Yeah, so I have a new 9700 and it's giving me all sorts of trouble that my 8900 hadn't given me. Here's a break down.

First I have an 8 GB Memory Card, just so you know.

Problem #1
    Adding a contact on BBM. Back in the day, as recently as a few weeks ago, whenever I added someone on BBM, I'd just go to:

INVITE CONTACT
    ADD PIN
    ADD CATEGORY

Here is the problem...between PIN and CATEGORY, a new pop up comes out...it says: SEND USING and gives me my 2 email accounts as options. Before, this would never happen and I could just add someone, now when I press send, it gives me "INVALID ADDRESS" for both email accounts. So I haven't been able to add anyone on BBM and it's extremely frustrating.

Problem #2
    Visual Voicemail is a cool little item when it works. For some reason, when I press play, it's always on mute and even when I raise the volume all the way up, the audio is really low. How do I put the settings so it plays unmuted when I press play?

Problem #3
    In the call log, phone calls go missing. For example, yesterday I called my brother, cousin, and friend. Today I go to the log to redial a number and those calls are all missing, like if I never called them yesterday. They just disappear.

Problem #4
    The phone doesn't recognize numbers in my contact list. Example, I have my brother's cell phone saved to may contacts list as: (305) 555-5555, whenever he calls me it'll appear on the caller ID as +13055555555 and won't recognize that it's his number, same for text messages. When I went back into my contacts and changed it to +13055555555 his name popped up. This wasn't an issue before on my 8900, it would recognize numbers no matter how they were entered into my contact list.

If anyone has any clue as to fix these problems, let me know. I love my Blackberry and all, but this is just getting frustrating.
    12-01-09 02:06 PM
    Anybody?
    12-01-09 03:27 PM
    1) Sounds like the email set-up to restore is having problems. Try deleting and re installing bbm.
    2 and 3 not sure.
    4) Known problem. I've been lucky cause never gave me that problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-09 03:48 PM
    Thanks so much for the suggestion. I hope someone else can also help me out.
    12-02-09 10:54 AM
    It hasn't helped I still can't add PINS, don't have the ADD CONTACT option.
    12-08-09 11:40 AM
    Yeah, so I have a new 9700 and it's giving me all sorts of trouble that my 8900 hadn't given me. Here's a break down.

First I have an 8 GB Memory Card, just so you know.

Problem #1
    Adding a contact on BBM. Back in the day, as recently as a few weeks ago, whenever I added someone on BBM, I'd just go to:

INVITE CONTACT
    ADD PIN
    ADD CATEGORY

Here is the problem...between PIN and CATEGORY, a new pop up comes out...it says: SEND USING and gives me my 2 email accounts as options. Before, this would never happen and I could just add someone, now when I press send, it gives me "INVALID ADDRESS" for both email accounts. So I haven't been able to add anyone on BBM and it's extremely frustrating.

Problem #2
    Visual Voicemail is a cool little item when it works. For some reason, when I press play, it's always on mute and even when I raise the volume all the way up, the audio is really low. How do I put the settings so it plays unmuted when I press play?

Problem #3
    In the call log, phone calls go missing. For example, yesterday I called my brother, cousin, and friend. Today I go to the log to redial a number and those calls are all missing, like if I never called them yesterday. They just disappear.

Problem #4
    The phone doesn't recognize numbers in my contact list. Example, I have my brother's cell phone saved to may contacts list as: (305) 555-5555, whenever he calls me it'll appear on the caller ID as +13055555555 and won't recognize that it's his number, same for text messages. When I went back into my contacts and changed it to +13055555555 his name popped up. This wasn't an issue before on my 8900, it would recognize numbers no matter how they were entered into my contact list.

If anyone has any clue as to fix these problems, let me know. I love my Blackberry and all, but this is just getting frustrating.
    All your issues should be resolved by installing firmware 415 to your phone..
    Then make sure the latest service books have been sent to your phone..
    12-08-09 11:44 AM
    Hey Striker317,

Thanks for responding. How do I install Firmware 415 and also where do I get service books, sorry I've only had a BB for a few months and still am learning about it.
    12-08-09 01:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD