my gf has a data plan but she doesnt have the internet on her phone, how is it possible to get the backberry messenger 5.0 manually through her phone on desktop manager? Any possible ways?

Any info would be great.
    11-04-09 03:21 PM
    Anyone?....
    11-05-09 10:40 PM
    not possible.
    11-05-09 11:49 PM
    why isn't it possible if she HAS a data plan? can't you install it through DM or AppLoader?
    11-06-09 12:01 AM
    If she has a data plan, then go to www.blackberry.com/messenger and grab it.
    11-06-09 12:38 AM
    How can you have data on your phone but no internet? That doesn't make any sense to me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-09 12:47 AM
    How can you have data on your phone but no internet? That doesn't make any sense to me.

was thinking the same thing
    11-06-09 03:42 AM
    I'm not sure what the OP is asking. How to put BBM on the phone thru DM? Or how to send PIN messages through the computer? IDK, but this thread is weird.
    11-06-09 04:43 AM
    She has a data plan with bell. She has blackberry messenger ( old version ) and email, that's it. she has no internet on it. Everytime I try to send it through her email, and once she recieves it, it says Please contact your provider, in terms of she cant access it the internet.

Nowhere near, did I say, how to send pin messages through dm. I need to find a way to Upload the new blackberry messenger 5.0 through desktop manager so she is able to upload/upgrade it.

Does that make it clear?
    11-06-09 05:52 PM
    I still don't understand. Can't she put DM on her computer, hook up the BB to her computer, and get it that way?

Or do you mean she has no internet access whatsoever, even on her computer? In that case you'd have to send her a CD ROM or something in the mail.

???
    11-06-09 06:20 PM
    i think the OP is saying that the phone has a data plan but the browser app isn't on the phone so she cannot access the internet from the device to download BBM 5?
    11-06-09 06:37 PM
    This question has already been answered. Have her go to http://www.blackberry.com/messenger on her PC, download the app, and install with Desktop Manager. Done.

As far as the internet error message - sounds like she needs to call Bell CS and have them push the approproate service books to her device. She should have access to the browser with a data plan.
    11-06-09 09:18 PM
    If you don't have the appropriate service books, BBM might not work anyways if you install it.
    11-06-09 09:24 PM
    yeah I don't know how you could have email with no internet access.
    11-06-09 09:38 PM
    Why is this posted in the Tour 9630 forum?
    11-06-09 09:48 PM
    Why is this posted in the Tour 9630 forum?
    because it's about the op's girlfriends tour?
    11-06-09 11:10 PM
    because it's about the op's girlfriends tour?
    Its about my girlfriends tour. And she has a fun bundle with bell which includes email and bbm no access to the ineternet. Rogers has a 15 dollar data plan which excludes internet but yet you're still able to have email and bbm

11-09-09 12:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD