I have only had my phone just a little over a month - I am almost positive it wasn't doing this before!

Anyway, when I receive a photo in blackberry messenger they are really small, like half the size of the screen! And it is not the size of the image, the original size of the image is much larger.

How do I make the photos come in at full size again?
    Last edited by sotypical; 04-09-09 at 06:09 PM.
    04-09-09 05:17 PM
    You can't.

When you send a photo via bbm, it automatically reduce the size so it won't "burdenning" the network traffic.
    If you want to see the pic in full size ask ur counterpart to send it via email and download the photo

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

04-09-09 09:04 PM
    How come all my friends get my photos at full size? But I get all theirs smaller?

I have friends using the older curve, pearl, and the bold - I have tested and my photos fill their entire screen. But me and my other friends using the 8900 get them all smaller. It has to be the phone.
    04-10-09 09:38 AM
    The 8900 has a better resolution so the photo will be smaller. On a lower resolution the pic will look bigger.
    04-10-09 11:54 AM
    The difference in resolution between the 8900 and bold tho is hardly anything?

I can understand that yah, my photos are going to look bigger on a pearl, or maybe even an older curve - but the bold and 8900 should be almost the same, and my friend with the bold gets my photos even bigger then full screen.

Anyway I guess I will assume there is no way to fix this, but this is pretty annoying :/
    Last edited by sotypical; 04-10-09 at 12:23 PM.
    04-10-09 12:18 PM
    Yeah, if you receive a picture from another 8900, it will be regular size. If you receive from a lower resolution phone, it will be reduced to match that lower resolution.
    04-10-09 12:27 PM
    Yeah, if you receive a picture from another 8900, it will be regular size. If you receive from a lower resolution phone, it will be reduced to match that lower resolution.
    Not true. Me and 2 of my friends have the 8900.
    And it STILL shrinks them.

I honestly think it is a "bug"... or "feature" of the phone.

Was really hoping there was a fix though.
    04-10-09 12:30 PM
    bump.... i'm interested in resolving this issue as well
    06-15-09 08:00 PM
    BB 5.1 will come with german engineered program called BBfotoShawp that has a quick editing feature similar to Kais Power Tools on the 486dx50 PC.

06-15-09 10:13 PM
    I noticed that since I downloaded the new version of BBM 5.0.1.38 I cannot send a full size photo like I could on the previous version. Has anyone else noticed this.
    08-18-10 06:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD