Hey guys I have a question on BBM on Storm 9550. On my way to bed I turned sounds to silent so that I wouldn't be woken up by the phone. Well two hours into my sleep BBM alert went off telling me that someone was inviting me to join there list. I don't remember this happening with my old storm. Usually when I put the phone to silent no alert would go off except for the alarm. Is this normal or am I missing a setting. Tried to search but couldn't find answer. Thanks in advance.
    11-14-09 08:04 PM
    Did you set the sound profile to silent?

If you plug your phone in at night, you can access the beside mode settings from the clock app > options. In the new 5.0 OSs, bedside mode has options for times when it will be enabled, what sound profile, notifications, radio, etc. Make sure it isn't set to switch your sound profile to something different.
    11-14-09 08:26 PM
    I see an option that ask if I want to disable radio in bedside mode. Is that what you are referencing?
    11-14-09 09:27 PM
    Start by going to edit profiles > silent > Instant messages and make sure all of your BBM settings (alert, groups, and new message) are actually set to volume = silent. Next go to the clock and hit the BB menu key > options and make sure the sound profile option is set to whatever you want it to do. Hope that helps...
    11-14-09 09:38 PM
    I think I've got it thanks a bunch
    11-15-09 02:13 AM
    Start by going to edit profiles > silent > Instant messages and make sure all of your BBM settings (alert, groups, and new message) are actually set to volume = silent. Next go to the clock and hit the BB menu key > options and make sure the sound profile option is set to whatever you want it to do. Hope that helps...
    Yeah that worked for me too.

You have to make sure all alerts are set to silent whilst on "Silent".
    11-15-09 05:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD