In the menu of BB Msgr, next to "Send a File" and "Send Voice Note" there is the option to "Send My Location." I click "Send My Location" and it keeps saying "Retrieving current location..." and it just stays there.

Has anyone gotten this to work?
    01-23-09 11:53 PM
    never tried, will give it a shot though. wonder if its one of those things where it'll only do it if you have vznav?
    01-23-09 11:59 PM
    first of all do you have your gps set to enabled? also if your inside it may not be picking up the signal...
    01-24-09 12:06 AM
    You have to locate yourself in BB Maps first. Even then, it takes 1-2 mins. to send.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-09 12:09 AM
    It worked for me the one time I did it. It sent a map.
    01-24-09 12:14 AM
    never tried, will give it a shot though. wonder if its one of those things where it'll only do it if you have vznav?
    I don't think there is a single program that hs a vznavigator as a requirement when concerning GPS. The two are independent of each other.

Its the same with geotagging. You have to find yourself in bbmaps then access third party app to locate.

Like beenswank said

Last edited by Kundigt; 01-24-09 at 12:28 AM.
    01-24-09 12:25 AM
    In the menu of BB Msgr, next to "Send a File" and "Send Voice Note" there is the option to "Send My Location." I click "Send My Location" and it keeps saying "Retrieving current location..." and it just stays there.

Has anyone gotten this to work?
    http://maps.blackberry.com?lat=40.74495&lon=-89.64892&z=4

Is what it gives to some... And to storm users in BBM it shows them a little map.

No stalking! And if you do, don't forget to bring pepsi and pizza.

01-24-09 01:11 AM
    My phone will not find the satellites.
    01-25-09 04:25 PM
    Oops....sorry about that. It just took forever to find the satellites. ;-)
    01-25-09 04:26 PM
    I just did a test from place in Orlando (inside my house) to my buddy in Los Angeles. It worked both way and I would say very quickly because it took about 1 to 1.5 minutes both ways and us sending TXT to confirm receipt.
    01-25-09 04:54 PM
    I just tried it and it works great. I'm using .90 OS.
    01-25-09 04:54 PM
    It works fine, you must have location enabled and it works with BB maps. When you hit "send location" it sends a 'screen shot' of a BB map with your location 'pushpinned" onto it.
    01-25-09 04:56 PM
    Had the same problem. I have the Tour. You have to go into Maps>Menu>Find Location... after it finds your location, hit Menu>Send Location and then choose how you want it sent (bbm, sms, email, etc)

it worked perfectly for me when I did that. But whatever map location you have open in Maps is what will be sent so if you don"t have you current location on the map screen, you will send the location that is open, not you actual location.
    10-10-09 12:21 PM
    I still get the message "unable to retrieve current location" when I try to send my location directly from BBM.
    10-19-10 01:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD