I use Messenger extensively for both business and personal discussions. I am in desperate need to find a solution to automatically save and backup conversations I have had for business purposes. Something similar to a History file, as in other IM tools where all the conversations are logged and recorded for future reference. Is there a solution or a work-around this problem. As well, I've noticed that when I take a backup of my BB through the BB Desktop it does not backup any existing conversation that are active. Why is that and is there a solution available. Help
    04-02-08 09:29 AM
    Review Workaround Here

Using a method similar to the one mentioned in that thread, I would say if you're just looking to back it up, save it to a memo, and then the memos will be backed up with the rest of your BB.

BB Messenger does not offer a way internal to the program to save your IM history.
    04-02-08 11:46 AM
    there's not a way to SAVE your BBM conversations, per se, but you can keep them from being deleted...

go into your BBM and press menu / options. make sure that the "show conversations in message list" is set to "no."

this way, when you go into your regular messages/emails/mms, and click on "delete prior," it deletes everything in your message folder, but leaves your BBM conversations alone.

then, the normal backing up on your computer is all the backup you need...

Hope this helps!!

m.
    04-06-08 07:35 PM
    then, the normal backing up on your computer is all the backup you need...
    Really, because when I back up my BB, my BBM messages aren't there?
    04-07-08 10:30 AM
    Why dont you use the BBMLog application ?

It automatically logs all your bbm chat history on your device or card memory as text files in the name of your contacts and you can send emails.

Try this :

bbmlog.com - Record all your BlackBerry Meseenger Chat Conversation History Log Automatically! - bbmlog.com
    bbmlog dot com
    12-01-09 01:53 AM
    Why dont you use the BBMLog application ?

It automatically logs all your bbm chat history on your device or card memory as text files in the name of your contacts and you can send emails.

Try this :

bbmlog.com - Record all your BlackBerry Meseenger Chat Conversation History Log Automatically! - bbmlog.com
    bbmlog dot com

This is a fairly old post that you've resurrected As an update:

If you're running BBM 5.0 with OS 5.0, it gives you the option to save BBM messages to the device memory or media card. Depending on your device, you may be able to get an official 5.0, or only a beta right now
    12-05-09 10:50 PM
    Don't want to lose BB Messenger convos when I upgrade software. I want to keep my BB Messenger convos in BBM. If I can't see a convo directly from the initial screen, View History is fine. After a convo that I wanted to save took place, I found the Save Message History feature in BB Messenger. Since I activated this feature before I upgraded, will the convo be saved in View History OR did I need to have activated the feature prior to the convo? If the later, does anyone have an idea as to how to save a chat IN BBM? I know I can save it to a clipboard and paste it anywhere but I want a convo retrieved from BBM. THX
    01-06-10 07:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD