Is there a way to Sign Out or possibly put BlackBerry Messenger in DND Mode? Just curious. Wasn't sure if there was a way to restrict MSGS.
    07-01-10 01:19 PM
    "View My Profile" - Change Status to "Busy"
    07-01-10 03:10 PM
    Mind you doing that will not physically stop msgs from being received to your phone, someone may still send you a msg and your phone will receive it.
    07-01-10 03:31 PM
    2 things gone that I miss....

1. BBM had an "Unavailable" status. When enabled, your phone would receive messages but would not alert you. I guess you could make a profile that has BBM Alerts set to silent and no vibe as an alternative now....

2. Do Not Disturb in Profiles. This, when enabled, did not ring the phone.... very helpful when tethering, streaming orb, or when you just don't want to be bothered.

It'd be nice to see them once again.....
    07-01-10 07:40 PM
    2 things gone that I miss....

1. BBM had an "Unavailable" status. When enabled, your phone would receive messages but would not alert you. I guess you could make a profile that has BBM Alerts set to silent and no vibe as an alternative now....

2. Do Not Disturb in Profiles. This, when enabled, did not ring the phone.... very helpful when tethering, streaming orb, or when you just don't want to be bothered.

It'd be nice to see them once again.....
    I'm not sure what you mean... You can change your sound profile to Silent, Vibrate only, or Phone calls only, all very easily. Alternately, you can create your own custom profile with settings exactly how you'd like to have them.

You guys do know how to do this, right? You can also edit your existing sound profiles how you'd like simply by setting the ringtones and alerts. If you're not sure how to find all of this, try clicking on the speaker button on the top left corner of the screen, or go to Settings > Sounds.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-10 11:46 AM
    I'm not sure what you mean... You can change your sound profile to Silent, Vibrate only, or Phone calls only, all very easily. Alternately, you can create your own custom profile with settings exactly how you'd like to have them.

You guys do know how to do this, right? You can also edit your existing sound profiles how you'd like simply by setting the ringtones and alerts. If you're not sure how to find all of this, try clicking on the speaker button on the top left corner of the screen, or go to Settings > Sounds.

Yes, Krypto... You are right about the profiles...

But I'm talking about the pre 4.5 days when there were 2 more options available, as I listed before. I also addressed in point #1 that one could edit/create a profile to and set the bbm alerts to silent. My second point talked about a feature that is no longer available. And this was a checkbox at the bottom of the screen when editing a profile, which enabled Do Not Disturb. Here, the phone wouldn't even acknowledge an incoming phone call. So it is different than just setting the phone to Silent or All Alerts Off.

07-02-10 12:42 PM
    Hmmm Yeah The goal was to prevent messages coming to the phone if busy is just an Icon people don't pay attention to it..
    07-02-10 01:29 PM
    Here is a novel idea that I use sometimes....
    Turn phone off......
    07-02-10 02:12 PM
    Here is a novel idea that I use sometimes....
    Turn phone off......
    Yeah.. You could do that but for those of us who use our phone for business purposes - not a great idea..
    07-02-10 02:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD