Lately it seems that whenever I send IM's to contacts on my list it takes forever for them to receive the msg...the smiley face has a little clock icon next to it which i assume means that the msg is waiting to be sent...I would send the msg and a little "D" would appear beside the check mark which I assume mean it's being delivered...lately i've found that it takes close to half hr at times before it changes to the "R" when the msg is recieved by the recipient!! Does anyone have any idea as to why it takes so long? It would be understandable if the ppl were in basements. elevators etc but it's not the case...my g/f works in the buildig just across from me and she waits at least 15 mins after I send the IM to receive it! HELP...
    09-18-09 10:22 AM
    Even though you see the little clock that does not mean the message has not been delivered. The little clock means that your buddy is busy and has yet to read the message. "R" means read and "D" does mean delievered.

Seems like it might be taking so long for you because you buddy is busy and has yet to read the message.
    09-18-09 10:30 AM
    Thinkamp is correct, maybe your g/f is busy
    Or maybe it like when my wife message me
    I about know what it about, so I don't read
    And reply until I am ready

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-09 10:57 AM
    Pardon my ignorance, then what is the difference between the little clock and the "D" then?
    09-18-09 12:25 PM
    D means Delivered the clock mean busy
    09-18-09 12:27 PM
    There is a difference in "R" and "D"
    09-18-09 12:28 PM
    The clock means it's waiting to deliver (if the recipient's device shows unavailable or unreachable, it may stay on the clock because the message can't be delivered at that time), the checkmark means it's sent from your device, the D means it's delivered to the recipient's device and the R means it's been read by the recipient.
    09-18-09 02:15 PM
    thanks alot, you all have been very helpful!
    09-18-09 02:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD