02-28-10 03:25 AM
36 12
tools
    I beleive the Curve is the first device where they allowed the program.
    They need to update their download site, then. The text stills has that disclaimer on it.
    07-02-07 10:46 AM
    I beleive the Curve is the first device where they allowed the program.
    Nah it's on my 8800. Works well too. I really like it.
    07-02-07 12:31 PM
    I have t-mobile service.

I just started using the blackberry messenger. I called the customer support to find out if the I was getting charged on a per message basis. I have the Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) and the rep. said that it was thru data and no no charges would be incurred. But my friend called and another rep. told her it was text messaging.

What is the truth? Will I get charged per message?
    Thanks in advance.
    07-02-07 01:25 PM
    I've had an account with T-Mobile for MONTHS, and use BlackBerry Pin Messenger all the time. It's charged as DATA, period!
    07-02-07 01:36 PM
    BB Messenger uses data. Now the OZ Messenger that comes pre-loaded on many T-Mobile devices uses your SMS package. I'd say stay away from OZ Messenger.
    07-02-07 01:40 PM
    hahaha OZ messenger is evil!

thanks guys
    07-02-07 01:58 PM
    im reaaaaaaaally lost!! lol
    i have the BB8310 with verizon (or CLARO,as called in puerto rico) ,w/out data plan, only have unlimited calling AND unlimited SMS
    can i use the bbmsngr without gettin raped?
    06-23-09 02:16 AM
    No, you can't use it at all. It is specific to RIM's network, so without a BIS (or BES) data plan, you have no BBM.
    06-23-09 10:17 AM
    Hi , I have 8900 curve and i bought it last summer. It has old BBM and today i tried to download new version from internet it says that it has been downloaded but when i look menu, there is no option of bbm it's lost i can't find it, i looked every single folder , applications downloads and stuff but it's not there, so if there anyone know how to have it back, please help me, i really need help cuz it's emergency
    11-18-09 12:16 PM
    Hi , I have 8900 curve and i bought it last summer. It has old BBM and today i tried to download new version from internet it says that it has been downloaded but when i look menu, there is no option of bbm it's lost i can't find it, i looked every single folder , applications downloads and stuff but it's not there, so if there anyone know how to have it back, please help me, i really need help cuz it's emergency
    Reload or update to the latest software for your device, which should include the most updated version of BB Messenger. If you are not sure on how to reload/update.. check this site there are plenty of "how to" answers.
    Last edited by swimmingash; 11-20-09 at 03:08 PM. Reason: add instructions.
    11-20-09 03:07 PM
    I currently have ATT. My mom has a blackberry in bali indonesia and would like me to get one to keep in touch with her via BBM

I went to ATT to purchase one (without the data plan as i am in no real need of internet on a phone) and they said that i could only get it with a data plan and that if my SIM card were put into any other blackberry or smartphone that they would automatically charge me the extra money for internet.

Is this possible? The only reason i want a blackberry is to use the BBM to keep in touch with my mom
    02-28-10 03:25 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD