Is anyone else having problems with BBM on their new Torch. I got mine about a week ago and already twice messenger has stopped working when my device isn't connected to a WiFi hotspot. If a WiFi connection isn't made, BBM will not send messages through the AT&T network. The first time this happened, I spent 3 hours on the phone with AT&T and a speciality IT group to try to figure out the problem. I had to completely wipe my phone in order for it to start working again. Now, about 3 days later, this has happened again. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this same issue and if anyone has a solution.
    Last edited by broncosmania; 09-04-10 at 05:08 PM.
    09-04-10 05:04 PM
    Nope. Working fine here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-10 06:44 PM
    You do have the correct data plan? I assume you do since you have a rather lengthy ordeal with AT&T. If it continues, send it back.
    09-04-10 06:47 PM
    No problem with mine either..
    09-04-10 06:50 PM
    I'm not having any issues either so I suspect it's the OP's device.
    09-04-10 07:05 PM
    Does direct PIN messaging work?

09-04-10 07:11 PM
    No problems here, and the first problem I have heard. Sounds like your device or setup issue.
    09-04-10 07:18 PM
    mine works
    09-04-10 07:26 PM
    No problems on Rogers either.
    09-04-10 08:58 PM
    This is apparently a widespread issue with the torch devices. There is an extensive thread regarding it.
    09-07-10 01:50 AM
    call att you might have the bis dropping problem...
    09-07-10 05:41 AM
    No problems on Telus here.
    09-07-10 08:24 AM
    @raoult - Do you have a link for this thread? Searching did not yield any results for me.
    09-07-10 03:36 PM
    Where is this thread?

09-07-10 03:56 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/bi...opping-514869/

09-07-10 07:31 PM
    LOL, BBM will certainly have issues if BIS is dropping. So will BB FB, Twitter, MySpace and all other RIM applications if BIS drops. This is not specific to the Torch, any BB will behave like this.

09-07-10 08:01 PM
    Actually the thread referenced here IS specific to the Torch. There appears to be a conflict with certain apps and certain users settings that is causing BIS to disconnect even while all other blackberry users in the same house on the same carrier have no issues at all.

09-07-10 09:44 PM
    Yes i had this problem with my first torch last week they gave me anew one and now it happend again !! i dont know what to do anymore exchange models or get a new one again !! its really SH*T , but it has some cute new futures as the search buttons and great camera
    09-07-10 11:53 PM
    Ya'll are missing the point. BBM will not work without BIS. EOS. I just tried switching my wifi to wpa2 from wep. BIS was unstable but rocking now on wep. There are 3 9800s in my possesion and none have a BIS dropping issue.

I just hate to hear and see someone saying BIS dropping is a BBM issue. Quite the opposite.

09-08-10 12:26 AM
    Ya'll are missing the point. BBM will not work without BIS. EOS. I just tried switching my wifi to wpa2 from wep. BIS was unstable but rocking now on wep. There are 3 9800s in my possesion and none have a BIS dropping issue.

I just hate to hear and see someone saying BIS dropping is a BBM issue. Quite the opposite.
    I think you're missing the point. Nobody is saying that BIS is dropping specifically because of BBM, the OP stated BBM stops working and we've pointed out the thread regarding BIS in general dropping on the Torch, which is more than likely why the OP had problems with BBM. Some people have the BIS problem, some don't, and apparently the OP fits into the "yes" category, thus the reference to the other thread.
    09-08-10 06:30 AM
    But with the notification emails around BIS registration and an icon missing from the banner I find that very hard to believe. No I am not missing the point.

09-08-10 07:02 AM
    Just got off the phone with ATT and did a security wipe. The way it was explained to me is that this is a RIM bug and that if you use WIFI on your torch and it hasnt happened to you yet... It will! Basically when the phone is jumping from WIFI connection to WIFI connetion it screws up the blackberry connection and the only fix is a system wipe. GREAT!!! They are supposed to be working on a patch to fix this problem and I hope its soon because if you are on an enterprise server you have to have all that set back up evdrytime. For now I was advised to turn WIFI off until the patch is out. Not a huge problem for me because I am on an unlimited data plan...
    11-18-10 05:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD