Hey guys,
    Am new to this and have searched for an answer but can't find one.
    I have an 8900 curve and on Monday I received a software update for messenger (version 5.0.0.57). Since updating the version I am having some problems with outgoing messages in that I can't see what I am typing until I have sent the message.
    My boyfriend is having the same problem and the only way we can get it to stop is to hard reset the device. But that only lasts a couple of messages and then it happens again.
    Any ideas???
    12-31-09 09:05 AM
    its sounds like a bug in the upgrade. you may want to try to roll back the app version. i have seen a few different post and no resolution, sorry
    12-31-09 09:07 AM
    Thanks mostlydo - what do you mean my "roll back"??
    12-31-09 09:10 AM
    I would probably delete messenger and try to download it again...and I think he meant go back to an older version? Not sure tho? Try to reload it tho and see if that helps
    12-31-09 09:29 AM
    Same thing happens to me and im running os 4.6.1.231 It used to happen occasionally with the BBM 5.0 but when i upgraded to BBM 5.0.0.57 its happens constantly with it freezing up when i type to fast and able to see what im typing. The quick pull resest it but happens again when. It sorta lags up when typing and then the cursor and what your typing dont show up anymore
    12-31-09 11:37 AM
    It is a known bug in BBM 5.0, there's no fix yet! I rolled back to BBM 4.6 and couldn't be happier.
    12-31-09 09:51 PM
    It is always such a relief to see others having the same issue as I am. I have been doing 5 - 6 batt pulls a day to correct it. That's why I thought it would be good to search and see if there was a solution. Going to reload the most recent bbm and if that doesn't fix it I'm going back to bbm 4.6.
    btw running os 4.6.1.315. Was curious if this bbm works better on the "leaked" 5.0os. Doing my best to wait it out for the official version.
    01-01-10 01:50 PM
    You may wanna delete/reinstall bbm or wipe your bb... I couldent live with a bb without bbm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-10 03:03 PM
    I have this exact same problem as well! I experience this not just with BBM, but with Yahoo Messenger too. Simply closing the chat, and opening it again seems to be just as effective as pulling the battery. I've an 8900 with .250 and the latest versions of BBM and Yahoo installed.
    02-04-10 02:41 PM
    you just have to clear the chat or end it. and then when u restart it u can tlk
    07-27-10 10:53 PM
    I would recommend signing up for BlackBerry Beta Zone. The beta messenger does not exhibit the problem you mentioned.

It took about 2 weeks after I registered for Beta Zone to receive the invite for BBM beta.
    07-27-10 11:04 PM
    You can update your firmware download it from here

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites

I chose from Asia Pacific , specifically from Indonesia, they have v 5.0.0.461 and get the address from google, any addresss to fill it up the form after that you just need to download the firmware it is free. Download the program and install it, after you finish go to step 2.

Step 2.

Open your file manager and look at specific location on your drive .

If you have vista 64 bit then look under

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader.

BUT if you have vista 32 bit that look under :

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

look for file call "VENDOR", Delete OR Rename that file

AFTER you delete VENDOR file....

In the same location look for file called

"LOADER" and run it, it will process upgrading your 8900 to v 5.0.0.461

Your problem with keyboard can't see thing will solve and also you have
    a much much better software for your 8900 just like a 9700 now. Good luck
    07-28-10 08:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD