Hello all,

I have a blackberry bold 9700 and yesterday I tried updated the blackberry messenger to the newest version 5.0.1.38 but for some reason it deleted the blackberry messenger icon from the device and I am trying since yesterday to download it again. I tried more than 100 times but I couldn't get no where. I tried also formatting the device and nothing happened as well. Please please help.
    08-27-10 07:39 AM
    What OS version are you using?

This is a know issue that seemed to have gone away over the past few weeks, but I guess some users are still having problems.

Here is RIM's official solution. There are some others at CB as well.

KB22944-BlackBerry App World icon disappears from the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone after an update
    08-27-10 08:02 AM
    First, go into Options > Applications > Add-on... check to be sure it's on, or not on your device... if it's there delete it... and reboot your device if it asks, or do a Battery Pull: Leave your device ON, pull the battery out for 20 seconds, put it back in and wait for it to boot up... regardless, do a Battery Pull!!!

Next go to Blackberry.com or App World and download the app again.
    08-27-10 08:04 AM
    Did you look in the instant messaging folder? When i upgraded it put it back into that folder even tho I had moved it to my home row.
    08-27-10 03:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD