Hi I'm new to the whole blackberry thing and well I'm having problems adding people to my contacts. Ive tried everything that was in lecture 8. None of that helped i checked to see if they were adding the correct pin and they were but it wasn't letting them add me either. I would love it if someone can help me with this little problem im having.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-10 11:11 PM
    Of the contacts you wanted to add, did any one of them send you an invitation/invite? If not you might try sending them one if you haven't tried that yet. That may work for ya.
    09-20-10 11:46 PM
    They sent me invites also but none of them went threw either.

09-21-10 12:05 AM
    This may be a stupid question but are you subscribed to a data plan with your provider?
    09-21-10 12:49 AM
    Beyond data plan u have to be on a blackberry data plan...when I first got my bb with att I had a pda plan in order for my bb to work they had to change it to a bb data plan to get everythin workin

09-21-10 01:29 AM
    Ummm to be honest I'm not sure if I'm on a blackberry data plan i know I'm on a data plan with tho because I just paid for it not to long ago. How can I tell if I'm on a blackberry data plan?

09-21-10 04:19 AM
    Who is your carrier and where did you get the phone from? If you are on AT&T and you got it through them then you should have automatically been switched over to a BB Data Plan. If you are on any other carrier and haven't had a BB before then chances are you're not on a BB Data Plan. Either way, you need to contact your carrier to make sure you have a BB plan and that your PIN is registered with the network.
    09-21-10 07:58 AM
    Ok well I'm with AT&T and I don't know if its registered I'm going to go talk to the guy i bought it from and ask him whats going on with it thanks for all the help.

09-21-10 01:25 PM
    Ok well I'm with AT&T and I don't know if its registered I'm going to go talk to the guy i bought it from and ask him whats going on with it thanks for all the help.

another way to see if you are on the blackberry network is if next to 3G you see the blackberry logo, if so that means you are connected to the network you can also run a diagnostic by going to manage connections -> mobile network options -> press the blackberry button and select diagnostic test
    09-21-10 05:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD