Hi,

I Installed the new OS 5.0 software on my storm and it works great, but when i went to upgrade my blackberry messenger it says install successful, but then it disappears. It says the app is on the phone but i can't bring it out and use it???? old messenger worked good.

Help???
    10-22-09 08:52 PM
    I didn't have the problem you are having . I do kind of have the same problem I think with a 3rd party app. It says I have it and I did see it for a while but now it is gone..

Anyone know how I can get it back or where it is?

Thanks.

PS>> Sorry about your BBM.. I don't like the new one at all.
    10-22-09 08:55 PM
    Check all your downloads folder? And hidden icons?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-09 12:51 AM
    had the same problem. I deleted BBM from the apps menu, pulled my batt (if it doesn't prompt you to reboot), and then downloaded fresh from AppWorld.

works like a champ now.
    10-23-09 02:28 AM
    I didn't have the problem you are having . I do kind of have the same problem I think with a 3rd party app. It says I have it and I did see it for a while but now it is gone..

Anyone know how I can get it back or where it is?

Thanks.

PS>> Sorry about your BBM.. I don't like the new one at all.
    This has happened to me before..I wanna say i enabled compatibility mode and then turned it back off...if that doesnt help then a battery pull usually helps alot of things..i know this happened to a buddy of mine. he has a bold on ATT but he was downloading via medianet and not the bb browser.
    10-23-09 02:42 AM
    I found a solution to this.

This happened to me when I upgraded to the latest 5.0 OS from 4.7.0.151.

I believe the issue is that when I initially installed the latest BBM via AppWorld, it installed the BBM 5.0 compiled for the 4.7.x OS, and subsequent attempts kept trying to re-install the same BBM 5.0 for OS 4.7.x version.

I then uninstalled BBM, rebooted, then instead of using AppWorld I installed from the BB Browser at www.blackberry.com/messenger. Everything worked fine after that.
    Last edited by rmjones101; 10-23-09 at 03:14 AM.
    10-23-09 03:11 AM
    I had the same issue. I just deleted bbm of my phone and reinstalled it fixed the problem.

10-23-09 06:47 AM
    Forgot to mention also make sure its not in your archives with apoworld.

10-23-09 06:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD