I just got my 8310 and was setting up BlackBerry messenger and messed up putting my PIN# in ( I didnt read and was thinking security pin ) now I can not figure out how to change the pin to the correct number??
    02-21-08 04:51 PM
    please explain better ... each BB has its own uniqe PIN that can't be changed ...

are you trying to add a buddy to your BBM list?
    02-21-08 05:05 PM
    If you are trying to add and put in a security pin:

(In BlackBerry messenger) menu key (BB logo left of trackball) > add contact > type it in properly > menu key > continue > yes/OK

To find out your PIN:

Options > status
    or
    Go to a text field (in browser or message composer, etc.) And type: my"pin without the " and then do a space.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-08 06:15 PM
    Oh, you're setting up your PIN? I don't think you can once you've registered that PIN

02-21-08 06:17 PM
    Yes, basically I inadvertently registered the wrong pin when I first opened BlackBerry messenger and it asked for the pin during setup (I made my own number thinking it was like a private/code password not the phone pin) so am trying to reenter the correct pin, but cant seem to figure out how? What other instant-messenger options do I have (cant use yahoo with at&t) ??
    02-21-08 08:26 PM
    I have setup BB Messenger a dozen times and it never asked me for the PIN. It knows your pin. It only asked me for display name and a password. I always enter the password, never had to use it, don't know what it is for.
    02-21-08 09:38 PM
    Don't recall having to enter my PIN # when I got mine. I think you might be trying to add someone to your messenger.

You need to be more specific....
    02-21-08 10:19 PM
    That's a bit odd, I also never heard of entering my PIN when setting up the bbm, and I've done it on 2 phones.

I think you must have mixed something up in the process. So when you go on bbm what happens?

02-21-08 11:07 PM
    i got to options but it doesn't say anything about my pin... it starts with vibrate when recieveing a pin and then theres something about asking a password when adding contacts, then allow forwarding of requests, and last show conversations in messenger list... nothing about status though. i'm soooo lost!
    11-20-08 01:01 AM
    I have 8530 curve on Sprint/Nextel. A friend of mine left his phone at work and some creepy guy saw my avatar and stole my PIN from his phone and keeps requesting me. I have blocked him however i cannot seem to figure out how to hide my PIN on my profile. Any help would be great. thanks
    05-01-11 12:49 AM
    You can't "hide" your PIN like that.
    05-01-11 08:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD