05-05-10 05:15 PM
31 12
tools
    Wow over 200 people. I'm having a hard time managing 70 people as is. Most of my contacts are friends though. I'm trying not to add co-workers to my growing list because my status and pics can be inappropriate at times.
    05-03-10 01:16 AM
    That is the draw back to having coworkers on bbm lol I have to be careful. Its a lot to juggle but blackberry makes it simple to find them

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-10 01:23 AM
    Something also to remember is the way BBM works in the background. If you don't have a data connection at the moment (phone is off, on a phone call, out of wireless data range), once you have a data connection again, all the messages will then go through. You can write messages as well and they will go through once the connection is back. You then get confirmations as messages make their way around.

Some IM apps will hold messages while you are offline, but if you go offline, you can't send messages. With BBM, you always have the ability to write even when "offline".

I have about 50 BBM contacts. Some for work, some from BB forums, as well as friends and family. I also use other IM apps to communicate with friends. I just find the "always-on" connectivity with BBM to just work better for me.
    05-03-10 05:49 AM
    bbm is pretty good, its a cheap way of messaging, then again unlimited texts now days.....
    05-03-10 05:37 PM
    Yes, Chrissy!!! ANY app is overrated if you don't use it! Obviously, the random twitter feed posted on that ad was from someone who has no friends on BBM.
    If you don't use it, BBM takes up a lot of precious memory, especially on a little phone like my curve 8330.
    HOWEVER, if someone wanted to post MY twitter feed, it might say..."Deleted all my apps so I could just use BBM on my phone!" Cause I practically have and that's how much I enjoy BBM...

To each his own!
    It is dragging my 8330 way down. Counting down the days until 9650 comes out.
    05-05-10 02:47 PM
    bbm is pretty good, its a cheap way of messaging, then again unlimited texts now days.....
    Unfortunately, not everyone has unlimited texts...I don't.
    So bbm is the way to go for me as long as my friends have berries.
    05-05-10 05:15 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD