Does anyone know how to turn on the blackberry messenger notifier. I had someone trying to chat with me yesterday and couldn't hear anything, nor did it vibrate. The emails and text messages came through with a notifier. Does anyone know how to fix that?
    11-03-09 08:37 AM
    Go to your "profiles" menu, and at the bottom there should be "set alerts". Click on "instant messages" to expand the menu and you should see the option to set your alerts for BBM. And make sure the volume for those alerts is not on silent.
    11-03-09 10:39 AM
    At the same time you need to go to edit profiles-select the appropriate profile-instant messages-new blackberry message. Make the changes you want scroll down to the bottom and try it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-09 12:32 PM
    Go to your "profiles" menu, and at the bottom there should be "set alerts". Click on "instant messages" to expand the menu and you should see the option to set your alerts for BBM. And make sure the volume for those alerts is not on silent.
    I'm having the same problem. I don't have a "set alerts" any more advice?
    11-12-09 09:48 AM
    I'm having the same problem. I don't have a "set alerts" any more advice?
    I don't really know about the Curve, but I found this pic. Try looking under "advanced", or maybe hit the menu button on your BB while in this screen and see if you can select "edit" or something. Hopefully it's in one of those areas. Let me know what you find.
    11-12-09 10:18 AM
    No luck. The picture is the same screen I get when I pull up Profiles, hit the menue and it exits.
    11-12-09 02:16 PM
    That worked. Go to advanced and hit the menu, then edit. It gives you lots of options.
    11-12-09 02:20 PM
    i had the same problem and i found this worked.
    from your home screen click on 'options/profile' then 'ringtones/alerts' then expand the 'instant message' + then expand the two bb messenger alert and new message to create your own personal choices and try it out. then 'Save' as you exit. hope this helped
    11-14-09 03:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD