Hello fellow Crackberry members! As of lately, I've discovered that there is an issue with Blackberry Messenger in regards to not updating statuses when over 100 contacts exist. Now, I've attempted some basic research in trying to find a fix for this issue such as searching Google, blogs, and blackberry related forums (a.k.a. Crackberry.com) with numerous and various search terms only to find more people asking the same question as I am, only to receive responses from people who reiterate the exact same question or refer to forum links that don't really lead to any more answers. I'm confident theres a fix or work around for this issue as I've personally witnessed people getting around this issue but unable to explain how their friend/local guru helped them. Therefore, I'm going to be a little more specific...

1.) Is this status update issue a RIM server-side issue? If so, is it a server-side issue for certain versions of Blackberry Messenger?

2.) Would downgrading to an older version of Blackberry Messenger, when status updating with over 100 contacts was not an issue, remedy this issue? Or, perhaps, would updating the OS and Blackberry Messenger to a newer/leaked version remedy this issue?

I've also been having a difficult time finding a "what's new" or a "change" log of the updates and fixes in the newer/leaked versions of Blackberry OS and Messenger or else answering question 2 would be more obvious.

As a FYI, my phone details are the following:

Phone Model: Blackberry Bold 2 (9700)
    Blackberry Operating System: 5.0.0.862 (Bundle 1446, Platform 5.1.0.175)
    Blackberry Messenger: 5.0.0
    Phone Carrier: Fido
    Unlocked: Yes (Originally locked to Rogers)

I would appreciate any detailed relevant answers, no bumps/question repeats, and a "battery pull" doesn't constitute as a relevant answer. Thank You in advance and I look forward to reading your responses!
    03-08-11 01:48 AM
    It used to be a bug on earlier 5.0 version. Clearly you haven't upgraded yours. Try downloading the new version using your BlackBerry browser at www.blackberry.com/messenger
    03-08-11 06:15 AM
    BBM needs to be updated, then those bugs will be recktified.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-11 07:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD