View Poll Results: How many times do you change status???

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Once a day

11 47.83%
  • Twice a day

4 17.39%
  • Three times a day

3 13.04%
  • Twitter amount of times

5 21.74%
06-29-10 08:10 AM
34 12
tools
    How many times do you change your BBM status on what you are doing???
    06-27-10 02:27 PM
    I think you should also add a "never" option.

Personally I set mine when I got my device, and think I have changed it once since then. I see no need to change it, people know how to get a hold of me and if I don't answer BBM they know to email or call etc. I turn off the notifications for the updates as well, so I have no idea how often others update.
    06-27-10 02:30 PM
    Ugh...never. BBM is for messaging people, not status updates. At elast that's my opinion...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-10 02:42 PM
    BBM is far from the new Twitter.
    06-27-10 02:46 PM
    I have never changed my status...whats the point really?
    06-27-10 02:46 PM
    Yeah ... um ... NO!
    06-27-10 03:27 PM
    Does music count? Because I never really change it myself.
    06-27-10 03:33 PM
    I change mine accordingly if I'm busy I set it to busy and sometime put meeting or whatever, if I'm not I set it to available and leave it that. If music is playing I have it set to show what I'm listening to.

06-27-10 04:03 PM
    Never.

You need to update your poll.
    06-27-10 04:11 PM
    How about an option: Twitter sucks, so does all social media apps.

Users, the put the TWIT in Twitter.
    06-27-10 04:29 PM
    Never.

You need to update your poll.
    +1

I never update mine.
    06-27-10 04:29 PM
    +1 for never...

How about an option: Twitter sucks, so does all social media apps.

Users, the put the TWIT in Twitter.
    Amen!
    06-27-10 04:30 PM
    Never ever!!!
    06-27-10 04:36 PM
    I update twitter like all the time... so much since i get a phone with twitter on... didnt like it before but it's okay for like wasting time and It keeps me updated on things like my hockey teams and thigns like that.

but my bbm status I always keep the same, what is goign to be my tattoo "eto po lubvoy e strast" which in english means "this is for love and passion" is just what I like, I dont need to change it a lot or ever at all, I dont know why to bother.
    06-27-10 06:41 PM
    Nope, but I see what the OP is talking about. A lot of my BBM contacts change their statuses on a daily basis.

06-27-10 07:06 PM
    Rarely. If people want to see my status they're free to take a look at my twitter or fb account.
    06-27-10 07:33 PM
    I might change my status from busy to available (or vice versa) if I remember. Usually I forget. I had one friend say, "You're always busy."

I never add a personal message to my status, but I do show what I'm listening to.

I really don't use Twitter much. I might check it once a month, and I never tweet, just follow a few sites.
    06-27-10 07:38 PM
    I'll use Twitter and Facebook for business updates (sort of viral advertising), but that's about it.

As far as BBM, I rarely ever update the text of my status line, but I do have some saved "busy" statuses. Mostly, busy, sleeping, and driving (times when I won't respond right away). I don't respond to people when I'm behind the wheel (or on my motorcycle) - it's just a courtesy more than a status update.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    06-27-10 09:14 PM
    I think old school BBM users don't update as much, but because the new BBM is both status update and messaging, I think a lot of new users will use it as both.

It would be nice if there was twitter integration for BBM though. Like if the new Twitter for Blackberry Application updated your twitter status automatically whenever you updated your BBM status or vice versa.

I know for sure that UberTwitter has this option, but for Gtalk, or Google Messenger. That little messaging client that comes with your gmail account, Gtalk (they also have a pretty awesome BB app for it) is just like BBM on the berry, and its an instant messenger as well as status updates.

UberTwitter has the option to update your Gtalk status every time you tweet or update twitter. It would be nice to see if BBM and Twitter for BB had this option as well. Then people would be updating that status all the damn time haha.
    06-27-10 10:35 PM
    Another vote for Never.

That's what FB is for.
    06-27-10 10:41 PM
    People also have to understand with the Blackberry making its way into the common teenagers hand to show they are cool will come the trends to bbm, of always letting everyone know what your doing and how your feeling.
    06-27-10 11:24 PM
    Never for me....................
    06-27-10 11:27 PM
    I wish never was an option. Since I rarely change my status, never would be my best choice.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    06-27-10 11:32 PM
    I used to change my bbm status allll the time like I would on twitter, but this was before I got a twitter account...now I'm down to 3 or less...some ppl get mad when others update their bbm status often but what I don't get is....YOU DON'T HAVE TO READ IT!...just don't click the recent updates...

06-27-10 11:43 PM
    I don't even use BlackBerry Messenger. I just don't get it.
    06-28-10 03:22 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD