I have just bought a new blackberry Bold 9700. It will arrive in a few days. I intend to sell my old Bold before I get my new 9700 because I have a willing buyer to buy it at a good price ( I don't want to waste time).

Now the problem is that how will I be able to restore my same Blackberry messenger contact list on the new blackberry? I had set up my old bold to back up my contact list (remotely to my e-mails...3 of them). I had it setup from the beginning. I never refreshed it. Will I still have all the contacts backed up?

Also, once I get the new blackberry, will I have to send requests to ALL of the contacts to add me again? Or is it automatic, meaning it doesn't require permission of the other users?

Thanks
    07-20-10 01:07 PM
    Use the Desktop Manager and you can basically do a new hardware swap where it will convert all of your settings (bbm, bes etc).. I think you may need both handsets handy to do the process (I could be wrong). I'm drawing blank on what it's called, but, I did it when I moved from my 8900 to my 9700. It will move your bbm contacts seamlessly without notifying anyone.
    07-20-10 01:11 PM
    Use the Desktop Manager and you can basically do a new hardware swap where it will convert all of your settings (bbm, bes etc).. I think you may need both handsets handy to do the process (I could be wrong). I'm drawing blank on what it's called, but, I did it when I moved from my 8900 to my 9700. It will move your bbm contacts seamlessly without notifying anyone.
    What is the process? I have a MAC.

Thanks
    07-20-10 01:13 PM
    You can backup your contacts with your email address, and then restore them to the new device when you add that email account. The version of BBM I have has options to backup remotely or locally, and then restore from email or backup file.

Look under options in the version you're using.
    07-20-10 01:14 PM
    You can backup your contacts with your email address, and then restore them to the new device when you add that email account. The version of BBM I have has options to backup remotely or locally, and then restore from email or backup file.

Look under options in the version you're using.
    I did back them remotely. So, all i need to do is restore them after setting my e-mail account on my blackberry? Will it notify my contacts?
    07-20-10 01:17 PM
    I did back them remotely. So, all i need to do is restore them after setting my e-mail account on my blackberry? Will it notify my contacts?
    Yep, just do the remote restore. I do not think it notifies your contacts; I had a contact sell their Bold 9650 for the 9700, and I didn't get an update.
    07-20-10 01:19 PM
    Yep, just do the remote restore. I do not think it notifies your contacts; I had a contact sell their Bold 9650 for the 9700, and I didn't get an update.
    Thanks buddy!!
    07-20-10 01:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD