Hello

I am new to the world of Blackberrys. I know what instant messenging (Yahoo, AOL, Microsoft Messenger) is. I have some questions on Blackberry Messenger.

1. What does Blackberry Messenger do for a blackberry user?
    2. How does one get a Blackberry display name?
    3. Is there any fee with using this feature?
    4. What is the role of groups?

Andrew
    12-18-09 04:40 PM
    1. The biggest advantage of BBM ..if you don't have unlimited text messaging, nothing to worry about, with bbm, you are talking for free.

2. Right when you install BBM, it should ask your for a Display name, and you can also change your display name whenever you want by pressing the menu button in the BBM main window.

3. ^

4. The groups work like a chatroom, but with bbm groups you can share pictures with other group members. You can find groups that suits you in the Barcode/Pin Sharing forum sections.
    12-18-09 04:45 PM
    Who can you talk to - BBM members or anyone on yahoo? BBM was on installed on my phone
    Last edited by AndrewMcHorney; 12-18-09 at 05:01 PM.
    12-18-09 04:53 PM
    With bbm you can only talk to other blackberry users.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-09 05:00 PM
    Who can you talk to - BBM members or anyone on yahoo? BBM was on installed on my phone
    You can only talk to other bb users. You can add any bb user by adding their PIN or scanning their barcode. You can also upgrade the latest BBM 5.0.0.56 from blackberry.com .

Check out the How To forum section, there is a whole thread discussing BBM
    12-18-09 05:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD