I accidently deleted BBM from my Bold 9000 & when I re-installed it, I couldn't find the icon anywhere. I've selected the "show all" option, checked the applications list & it's there; on my DM, it's listed in my apps & the box is ticked. I've searched everywhere & can't seem to find it.

Any ideas on how I can find my BBM?

Thanks
    Last edited by schwing79; 12-19-09 at 08:04 AM.
    12-19-09 07:56 AM
    that happened a few times with me also. Just try to reinstall again. That always worked for me. Also, make sure you reboot. That may help
    12-19-09 08:23 AM
    I tried that several times but still no joy. Will try once more (just in case)
    12-19-09 08:27 AM
    Nope, still nothing...
    12-19-09 08:39 AM
    Just click this link and re-download BBM...

http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/dev...ry.do?code=bbm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-09 08:45 AM
    still nothing...

thanks so far guys
    12-19-09 08:54 AM
    Still nothing? What does that mean exactly...?

How about this: First off, do you have an "Instant Messaging" folder? If so, check there. Also, check "Downloads" and "Applications" folder. If it's really not in any of those folders than I guess you gotta do it the harder way!

Have you actually tried re-downloading BBM from the link I gave you above?

12-19-09 09:09 AM
    Nothing means I've downloaded the app, message popped up saying successfully installed. I've re-booted my BB and I still can't find the icon. Again, it shows up in my app list. I don't have an "Instant Messaging" folder, but I have the "Downloads" & "Applications" folders. It's in neither of them.
    Might be worth mentioning I downloaded Google Maps and that showed up in my "Downloads" folder.

I used the link you gave me, that took me to the same page that I've been downloading my last few attempts from.

Cheers
    12-19-09 09:15 AM
    If it's really not in any of those folders than I guess you gotta do it the harder way!
    What exactly is the harder way? :s
    12-19-09 10:13 AM
    I say harder but it's really not hard...just time consuming!

I guess what I would try to do next is uninstall BBM from within the Applications List...then reboot your device (it'll probably ask you to anyway). After your phone boots back up, try either downloading BBM again from the above link or from BB App World (as both are the same version 5.0.0.56). After it's done downloading (and hopefully successfully installs) try doing another battery pull...count to 45, put your battery back in and wait...

Hopefully that works and when your BB comes back on, BBM will be there! Let me know how it goes!!

12-19-09 10:44 AM
    Any luck with getting BBM back??

12-19-09 12:15 PM
    Sadly no. Same result as every other time
    12-19-09 07:42 PM
    Connect to DM and attempt to DL it from there?
    12-19-09 07:54 PM
    "Downloads via a USB connection are not enabled for this product. Please visit our mobile download site at using the browser on your BlackBerry smartphone."

I can't d/l from my laptop. Is there an alternative site I can d/l from?
    12-19-09 08:59 PM
    Really? Did not know that.
    12-19-09 09:00 PM
    12-19-09 10:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD