blackberry messenger keyboard disappears nearly every time after a conversation gets long. The kb reappears with another BBM contact or email or im, but not in the current BBM conversation. I have to restart the device in order to respond.

This is getting really annoying. Anyway to correct this?
    05-03-10 02:07 PM
    is this the same issue that everyone is having with OS .607?
    05-03-10 05:40 PM
    the keyboard is flaky with 607 and BBM no matter what portion of BBM you are using. They is no fix other than the beta versions of BBM or a different OS.
    05-03-10 06:09 PM
    I'm having the same issue with even the beta version of BBM5. I actually don't see any difference between the official version (5.0.0.66) and the beta release (5.0.1.x)
    05-03-10 06:28 PM
    downgrade to below 607. above 607 all having keyboard problem specially in BBM Group.
    05-04-10 04:32 AM
    If you really want to use a .6XX version of software, then I would recommend using the hybrid from this thread. I've been using for about a week or two now and I have not experienced any of the "known" keyboard issues.

This is probably one of the best darn hybrids I have used to date.
    05-04-10 05:47 AM
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

05-04-10 01:40 PM
    Mine does that too can be annoying buy I just deal with it. Thankfully it doesn't happen often.

05-04-10 01:45 PM
    Only Base OS607 causing the bbm chat keyboard to disappear. Use the work around for now. While on bbm chat select bb menu new chat cancel new chat then type (repeat as needed)

05-04-10 01:47 PM
    yeah, i gots the same problemo
    05-04-10 03:47 PM
    Do you guys have the pop up letters set to show? I had mine set to show and never had a problem with the keyboard. I set the pop up key to never show and within hours the keyboard stopped showing up. I have since turned on the pop up keys and am waiting. It's only been a few hours but I will wait and see.
    05-06-10 04:20 PM
    Do you guys have the pop up letters set to show? I had mine set to show and never had a problem with the keyboard. I set the pop up key to never show and within hours the keyboard stopped showing up. I have since turned on the pop up keys and am waiting. It's only been a few hours but I will wait and see.
    I have my pop up key to improve typing speed and accuracy but we were talking about keypad not coming up on BBM group chat.

05-06-10 04:29 PM
    The keyboard glitch also affects Google Talk. I have to access GT from the application itself (not from the messages application) to access the keyboard.
    Last edited by Masahiro; 05-06-10 at 04:39 PM.
    05-06-10 04:34 PM
    I have my pop up key to improve typing speed and accuracy but we were talking about keypad not coming up on BBM group chat.

my keypad did not come up for a bbm chat that was already open.
    05-06-10 05:41 PM
    I got a problem too, I have a group, already from 6 months, only one on my phone, curve 8520, its full-30ppl, we have a 3 chats, from 1 week chats start to disappear, I thought its an error so I deleted and opened new one, re-invite all members back, problem still the same even worst, pin add doesn't work, only barcode add and chats issue remain, what shell I do? How to fix it? Chats r disappearing 2-3 times per day, administrators 2 me and other member but sure he won't delete it, interested in them more then me to keep it, any help here?

11-10-10 01:06 AM
    Btw, the phone is clean, I hard reset it, one week a go, daily soft reset alt-aA-del, no any kind of errors like exception.

11-10-10 01:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD