Hey all, I'm new to the forums and to the world of BB in general, so I apologize if my exact problem has been resolved before, but I did some forum searches and couldn't find much information on the issue I'm having.

I'm using a Curve 8310 and I don't recall Messenger being automatically installed on it. So last night I did some troubleshooting. I first tried "show all" on my apps screen to see if the Messenger icon was hiding somewhere - it wasn't.

So I went to the BlackBerry website and downloaded the latest OS software and started Desktop Manager again and tried going through the steps of downloading the Messenger app. It was no where on the list to be found.

Is there a step I'm missing? Is there anything else I could try?

Thanks!
    06-29-09 04:20 PM
    Hi there and welcome. First try to download bbm from here:

http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/dev...ry.do?code=bbm

Let me know if this doesn't work as we'll then move on to other ways...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-09 06:39 PM
    Thanks for the welcome!

When I go to that link from my PC, it comes up with this message: Downloads via a USB connection are not enabled for this product. Please visit our mobile download site at using the browser on your BlackBerry smartphone.

So, I emailed the link to myself and accessed it from my BB to try to download it there. Nada. It comes back with this message: Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support BlackBerry Messenger for Software Versions 4.0 and 4.1

I actually tried these steps earlier today to no avail. But you said there are other methods to try, so I'm all ears!
    06-30-09 01:39 AM
    *Bump* since I'm still experiencing the issue. Appreciates any feedback at this point!
    06-30-09 07:16 PM
    well, it should be in the application loader screen of your DM. Just make sure the option is checked for BBM

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-09 08:41 PM
    i'm having the same issue! Can't find the icon, but it is installed in the app loader and on the bb itself ... no idea where to look!
    10-12-09 08:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD