I have a BB 8900 with OS5. On o2-uk. Brought 2nd hand. Was originally on o2-uk.
    BBM and BB App World show up in options - advanced - applications. But cannot be found anywhere else on the phone. No icons are hidden and I've checked all folders.

If I connect it to the pc and click app loader. App world. Bbm and msn messenger show up with the tick boxes but it says nothing needs to be done when I click next.

If I see running programs. There is a blank space where bbm is meant to be. Any ideas on how to fix this? I've deleted it and installed again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-10 07:14 PM
    Most likely, the previous owner had downloaded one of the BETA version of BBM in the BlackberryBETA Zone and then deleted it and tried to install the public release version out of APPworld. Many users are doing this and having this issue; I was one of them.

The only way I have found to fix it is to completely wipe the device (with a program like BBSAK or JL_COMMANDER) and then completely reinstall the OS. You, of course, will need to make sure you are duly backedup etc before hand.
    07-19-10 07:23 PM
    Are you sure you are on OS 5? usually Applications is only in Options, not Advanced Options, then you can see Appworld and BBM under Add-on. Delete them.

and just download the latest version of app world via your BB browser blackberry.com/appworld, then download BBM from there as well.
    If you couldnt delete them, just go ahead and download.

I did this when i couldnt find BBM after different attempts and also when i had an issue with the WLM beta.
    07-20-10 01:20 AM
    Are you sure you are on OS 5? usually Applications is only in Options, not Advanced Options, then you can see Appworld and BBM under Add-on. Delete them. And just download the latest version of app world via your BB browser blackberry.com/appworld, then download BBM from there as well. If you couldnt delete them, just go ahead and download. I did this when i couldnt find BBM after different attempts and also when i had an issue with the WLM beta.

Give this a go. Its much easier, but it never worked for me on my 9630.
    07-20-10 09:06 AM
    what you have is 2 conflicting bbm programs, go to options, select advanced option, goto servicebook, scrolldown untill you see bbm 4.0 and 5.0, bb key for options and delete both, when you do a batt pull a new notification icon should appear.
    Last edited by iguinu; 07-21-10 at 12:12 AM.
    07-21-10 12:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD