I updated my Curve 8310 (AT&T) last night from OS 4.3 to 4.5. Then this morning I got a BlackBerry Message but couldn't access it because the icon is missing. I had moved and hid some of the icons last night after the update and I think I might have deleted the BBM icon instead of moving it. I went to Settings>Options>Advanced Options> Applications and the BBM 4.5 is listed. I was going to delete it from Applications then reinstall it with the Desktop Manager but BBM isn't listed in the Application Loader. I called AT&T and they were no help and I tried Show All and it's still MIA. What do I do?? Any help is appreciated, thanks : )
    Last edited by Croft250; 08-04-09 at 05:32 PM.
    08-04-09 02:56 PM
    Here are some things to try.

Look in all your folders on the device especially Documents to Go.

Do a battery pull with the device turned on.

Re-register your Host Routing Table. (Options > Advanced > Host Routing Table > Menu button > Register Now)

Re-send your Service Books. (Either go to the Email Setup icon on the device or log in to the BIS on your computer)
    08-04-09 05:32 PM
    I had the same problem - Suddenly, the BBM icon had disappeared from my menu. "Show all" didn't work and it wasn't hidden. The only way I could get to it was through "switch application." To do that, when you are in your menu, left click (button with the dots) on any icon, and click "switch application." Then choose BlackBerry Messenger, if available. (If BBM is no longer anywhere on your phone anymore, then I can't help you). Once you're in BBM, put your cursor over any contact. Left click, and choose "Show on Home Screen." Then a message will appear telling you it saved it in somewhere like "Instant Messaging." So, go back to your menu, open the folder/icon it saved it in. Then highlight the BBM icon, left click, and choose "Move to Folder" then choose the folder "Home." After playing with my phone for hours, this is the only solution I could find.
    EdgarBSoule likes this.
    01-27-11 11:15 AM
    Hi I had same problem with missing Icon. I found it thanks to your trick. However, on my 9780 Bold, when I choose "Show on Home Screen", only the individual contact shows up. Frustrating....but at least I found it!!!!

Thank you.
    07-04-11 04:15 PM
    I would delete BBM from your Applications list and then reboot your phone. Then go to the BlackBerry mobile site and download the newest BBM 5.0.3.22 version. The icon should show up after that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-11 12:03 AM
    I would delete BBM from your Applications list and then reboot your phone. Then go to the BlackBerry mobile site and download the newest BBM 5.0.3.22 version. The icon should show up after that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-11 12:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD