Hi all,

I just bought a brand new Javelin of Ebay. Unfortunately, it does not have any Blackberry Messenger (BBM) installed in it.

I tried to go to option>advance option>applications; but I cant find any BBM application. I also tried to download the BBM from Blackberry.com but it wont work since it only supports the version 4.6 or less.

Anyone can help me out where to download the BBM????
    01-07-09 12:44 AM
    If you load Desktop manager to your computer and then also load the same OS version you have on your phone and then connect your phone to your computer you will have the options available to add and remove programs that are part of the OS. One of the programs you can add is the BBM application. You also may want to try updating your OS to the latest version - there is a sticky at the top of the forum for it.

Good Luck and Welcome to Crackberry!
    01-07-09 01:07 AM
    Alright, go to this link and download the Device software for the 8900 and also the Desktop Software(version 4.6),

FIRST install the desktop software.

after that, double click the icon from the OS you downloaded and it will install it to the computer.

Then plug in device>Open DM> Backup/Restore>Backup the device.

After thats done return to the Main Menu>Apploader>Add/Remove> and put a check mark in the BlackBerry Messenger Box>Next>Finish. It will install BBM to the device.

Heres the link--> https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...C068A355BBA31A
    01-07-09 01:09 AM
    Thanks CX, that was much better than my post. I can only hope to learn from the master!
    01-07-09 01:24 AM
    Thanks CX, that was much better than my post. I can only hope to learn from the master!
    Your instructions were fine. I just tried to cover all the bases, cause I'm going to bed.
    01-07-09 01:33 AM
    LOL have a good one!
    01-07-09 01:37 AM
    thank you all for the tips.

It is working like a charm now...
    01-07-09 04:47 PM
    Was the 8900 open box? BBM comes pre-installed on Blackberry devices.
    01-07-09 04:57 PM
    And you also checked inside the 'Instant Messaging' Icon/Folder on your "homescreen" i guess you would call it?
    07-17-09 05:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD