09-17-09 12:38 AM
40 12
tools
    I have ended a conversation with one of my contacts. It is still saying I have an unread message from them- the little smilie icon without the red thing.

It's driving me crazy because it's still led red flashing and not going away.

I only have one BBM contact and I've tried adding and readding him and it still hasn't gone away...

HELP! I'm going insane.
    08-29-08 06:34 PM
    Try a battery pull.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-08 06:36 PM
    Ae weird as this sounds I've heard clearing your call log might help. Someone else had this problem and that was the solution

09-11-08 11:10 PM
    Try a battery pull.

yes a batt. pull helped me and or it could be someone said yes to your request to be added to ur bb mesgr
    09-12-08 12:41 AM
    I had this same problem, I finally figured out that sometimes I'd have to read the bbm message out of my text messages inbox and clear it. It sounds like a pain but really you may only have to do it once a week. That fixs mine I hope it works for you

09-19-08 01:44 PM
    Or, if you're done with your conversation and notice the blinking red, just go into the BB Messenger contact list, click on the person you were last exchanging IMs with, and use the "Clear History" tab to stop the LED flash.
    09-20-08 01:38 PM
    question i attempted to add a bb contact messenger. Its asking for a email address? what email address do i use?
    09-24-08 08:55 PM
    question i attempted to add a bb contact messenger. Its asking for a email address? what email address do i use?
    The BB contact's email address. However, I always use the person's pin when I add a contact.
    09-24-08 09:16 PM
    You need to hit the bb symbol on your phone while you have use once highlighted and it should give you the option of request by pin rather than email address I updated my os so I don't have to do that anymore I hope I explained that right

09-25-08 10:08 PM
    thanks MADHATTER66 for that information got it.
    09-30-08 07:59 PM
    batt pull is the only thing that works for me...
    10-05-08 06:03 PM
    I was having the same problem myself I had that annoying smiley
    it a battery pull
    have fun
    10-08-08 03:58 AM
    if you are in the messanger and after getting a new message you just hit the end key, it will stay there. you have to "read" it. go back into messenger and just scroll over it, or you could read it from the messages icon. always works for me when I have that icon hang around.
    10-11-08 08:51 PM
    Battery Pull is the Cure!! lol
    But if you do not want to go thru that you can also do Right Alt,Left Caps,and delete keys and that will reboot like a battery pull! (must press @ same time)
    10-11-08 08:55 PM
    Battery Pull is the Cure!! lol
    But if you do not want to go thru that you can also do Right Alt,Left Caps,and delete keys and that will reboot like a battery pull! (must press @ same time)
    nice tip Msmari! that saves me time, and there is no fumbling with batteries and cases, which is always great!
    10-29-08 10:36 PM
    Different question on a related matter...
    For some reason I an no longer able to use my bbry msngr....well I take that back, I have the ability to send messages to people currently in my contact list, but they never get the messages. I can get messages, and I can reply, but my buddies never get the message. Also, new requests never make it to me. I have spoken to Verizon and they are clueless. I really don't want to wipe my phone so any help would be greatly appreciated.
    01-03-09 08:42 PM
    hello i am very new to my blackberry. where is the right alt key?
    01-09-09 12:16 PM
    same problem but got it fix now thanks
    03-24-09 01:50 AM
    Removal of the battery did the trick for me.
    03-30-09 08:27 PM
    i'm new to pretty much everything but i appreciate all the insights
    04-03-09 11:00 PM
    bbm icon is stuck on my screen. tried battery pull and tried changing themes. nothing worked. i do not have any invites or open conversations.. any other hints? thanks
    06-02-09 10:10 PM
    nice tip Msmari! that saves me time, and there is no fumbling with batteries and cases, which is always great!
    There is also an app, actually 2, but I'm not sure what the difference is. Anyway, the app is called QuickPull (the 2nd one is QuickPull v2). They do the same thing as a battery pull, as well as the keyboard shortcut, but without all the hastle! There's only a couple of clicks, then you're just waiting for the device to boot up.

*QuickPull is a FREE tool that frees memory quickly by simulating a "battery pull" soft reset*

And, oh by the way, they are free!

Just thought I'd let ya know!
    06-02-09 10:42 PM
    thanks!!

has anyone tried it for my issue yet?
    06-02-09 10:59 PM
    bbm icon is stuck on my screen. tried battery pull and tried changing themes. nothing worked. i do not have any invites or open conversations.. any other hints? thanks
    Have you tried checking your "other" messages? (i.e. SMS txt, MMS txt, Yahoo, AIM or Live Messenger) And when you said you tried a battery pull, you are leaving the device on, then removing the battery, letting it sit for 30-45 seconds, then re-installing the battery, right? Just checking. I know with most devices like these, if you don't perform the recommended reset procedures correctly, you are actually "NOT" resetting the device. You're just providing yourself with undo hastle. Anyway, hope this helps.
    06-02-09 11:03 PM
    yup all messages are checked. i deleted them all just to make sure... i pulled the battery at least 10 times now with it on for longer then a minute or 2

06-02-09 11:19 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD