Hi this is my very first blackberry so I do not know what I am doing really with it. I recently installed blackberry messenger, but decided to uninstall because I don't need it as I have unlimited texts. Everything uninstalls fine...BUT...

once i uninstall the damned program and then go into my text messages I get the uncaught exception: java.lang.nullpointerexception. I can go into my emails but only for about 5 seconds then it freezes.

Whilst writing this message I reinstalled the blackberry messenger because (that was the only way my messages have worked) and I still get the message.

Help me please!!

Thanks
    03-07-10 01:58 PM
    BBM is part of the Operating System (OS)... it's one of the core parts of the OS that are Always running in the background of your device.

Did you try to do a Battery Pull after installing BBM: Leave your device on, pull the battery for 20 seconds, put the battery back in and wait for your device to boot up.... even if it did it once, do it again!!!

If that does not work you might need to reload your OS.
    03-07-10 02:04 PM
    sorry I didnt reply sooner.

Yeah I tried taking the battery out while it was on after i installed it but it didn't work. I also tried the battery pull thing when I uninstalled it. When I first set up the blackberry I removed the blackberry messenger via the desktop manager and then i downloaded the blackberry messenger via my blackberry device and since then I can't seem to get rid of it properly. How would I reload the OS?
    03-11-10 12:37 PM
    BBM is part of the Operating System (OS)... it's one of the core parts of the OS that are Always running in the background of your device.

Did you try to do a Battery Pull after installing BBM: Leave your device on, pull the battery for 20 seconds, put the battery back in and wait for your device to boot up.... even if it did it once, do it again!!!

If that does not work you might need to reload your OS.
    its more of an OS add-on, than a core "required" system program. in the applications, its listed as just that....an add-on....right along side BB Maps and AppWorld. neither of these applications should create OS errors if deleted or absent in general. the OS doesnt require its presence in order to work. now, in its deletion, something couldve gone wrong and messed something up. but i cant agree that its a core part and would be reuired for seamless OS usage. he should be able to remove it with no issues or errors.

i do agree with you though in regards to reloading the OS. if the errors cannot be stopped, i would bet something was corrupted during the deletion of BBM, now complicating things. an OS reload may be the only way to fix the error.
    03-11-10 07:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD