OK So I was reading some of the threads and one said that what I send via Blackberry Messenger might not be private. How do I know if it is or isn't and if it is not private who else is able to read it.
    Also sometimes contacts come up lighter and their staus is "busy" why is this?
    Thank you so much for the help
    11-03-09 07:18 PM
    Are you on a BES or a BIS? (ie is the device "work provided" and connected to an Exchange Server or is it your personal private device not connected to an employer's server?)
    11-03-09 08:37 PM
    Mine is pesonal but my husbands is provided through work.
    Since his is through work who else sees the IM
    11-03-09 09:10 PM
    It is technically possible for the BES administrator to log BBM messages, but it's not likely.

Take a look at this.
    What does BES see; what can be tracked/logged? - Port3101.org : Your BES Connection

Still, it's best to be cautious. But from experience, I'd say that the IT people would be more concerned about conversations that are violations of company policies more than anything else.
    11-03-09 09:32 PM
    Thank you so so much. One more thing. Do you know why sometimes the contacts are "busy"? Is this when they are on the phone, receiving data, on another IM chat?

Thanks Again
    11-03-09 11:07 PM
    Thank you so so much. One more thing. Do you know why sometimes the contacts are "busy"? Is this when they are on the phone, receiving data, on another IM chat?

Thanks Again
    A contact is "busy" when you have sent them a message and they either have not checked your msg yet, acknowledged it or they could be receiving data. They could be on another IM chat and that's why they haven't checked the msg yet. When they are on the phone, out of service area or have phone turned off it will give the message that the contact is "unreachable" When it is "busy" it will have the clock symbol on the smiley. Check out this thread for info on BBM...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/blac...erry+messenger
    Last edited by Iceman; 11-03-09 at 11:47 PM.
    11-03-09 11:38 PM
    cant i show what im listenin to on Blackberry Messenger 5 for the 8320?????
    11-04-09 12:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD