Looking for some help on this issue.

I have a 8330 curve with sprint. I just got this phone due to the fact that I lost my original curve that I have had for a little over a year.

When I got the new phone I backed it up from my PC. The issue that I keep having is that when I program my contact list in blackberry messenger and I come back to use the messenger a day later or whatever that case may be, it gives me this message:

You've switched to a new device. Do you want to update your contacts about it? Otherwise your contacts will be erased.

If I don't update it will erase my entire contact list and if I do, it will send out an update for my contacts to reply to all over again, like It does when you set it up initially. I know the device is new to me but I have had it for a month now. This is very irritating!!! Could it be that I have something that is making this happen from my original back up file on my PC? Any suggestions?
    10-09-09 11:19 AM
    How do you restore your device? You need to goto DM the to back up and restore >then advanced> open your file that you saved your back up to. Then find blackberry messenger and transfer the database to the other side (device databases) and that should fix the issue.
    -also if you press update it will send out an update but they won't know on the other end, it just pings them the info.
    10-09-09 11:33 AM
    I'm having the same sort of problem, difference is, I'm not restoring my phone nor is it new. I've had this for almost a year and periodically when I open BB messenger, I will get that same message. Is there something I can do to fix this?
    10-09-09 11:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD