Okay so I got a Blackberry Bold a few months ago, yes I have the data plan as well. But ever since I got it for some reason I can't add contacts and they can't add me, it just stays at pending and nothing pops up. I've tried so many times so many different ways, adding the pin to the contacts info and then trying to add, it just won't work!

It's really annoying.
    I've called my service provider and I was on the phone w/ the guy for a while he was telling me different things to try with my phone to get it to work. Then he said he was going to send me some email that will tell me how to reboot or I guess wipe everything off my phone and re-add it again?

There might be another thread on this I'm sorry but if someone could help me and tell me how to do all that it would be greatly appreciated.

And yeah if you haven't guessed it yet I'm kinda new to this lol.
    03-30-09 11:49 AM
    Did you do the wipe?? If so I would say delete the contact and re add them in your list. Try again. Sometimes it takes up to 10 tries depending on the carrier. When you try it again make sure you both delete the request and the pending for each try. It's also time related it seems. Give it a go at different times of the day. Evenings worked for me.
    03-30-09 11:55 AM
    Did you do the wipe?? If so I would say delete the contact and re add them in your list. Try again. Sometimes it takes up to 10 tries depending on the carrier. When you try it again make sure you both delete the request and the pending for each try. It's also time related it seems. Give it a go at different times of the day. Evenings worked for me.
    No, I forgot to add that he never ended up sending the e-mail. I don't know exactly how to do the wipe myself because I didn't really wanna screw anything up. That's more what I was asking for. ^

And I've tried doing that multiple times w/ one of my friends. The request doesn't even show up for some reason.
    03-30-09 12:00 PM
    Alessia, click the link in my signature. It might help you add people more easier.
    03-30-09 01:28 PM
    ^^Def listen to POE when it comes to BBM, Alessia. He is the best.
    03-30-09 01:41 PM
    +1 for POE and BBM.

To wipe the device, Options>Security Options>General Settings, select Wipe Device from menu.
    03-30-09 02:06 PM
    Careful with the wipe...
    03-30-09 02:16 PM
    I wouldn't even wipe the device.
    03-30-09 02:17 PM
    i had the same problem @ 1st with adding BB ppl but after a while i figured it out. one way to do is when u have someone pin # go n to ur address book add a name/ pin#. once u save it go into ur BB icon add a contact once u add it the pin# will appear
    04-02-09 12:32 AM
    Hmmm! another day @ work.
    04-02-09 12:34 AM
    i had the same problem @ 1st with adding BB ppl but after a while i figured it out. one way to do is when u have someone pin # go n to ur address book add a name/ pin#. once u save it go into ur BB icon add a contact once u add it the pin# will appear
    Yep the times I added a person's pin and it was unsuccessful I didn't do this...
    04-03-09 11:31 PM
    i have same probem, when im adding anyone, it just stay in pending for 2 to 3 days!! and sometimes a week then it will show in contact!!

is it working nw!! or stell same!
    07-28-09 01:58 AM
    shud have bought a curve!
    10-08-09 08:29 AM
    Okay so I got a Blackberry Bold a few months ago, yes I have the data plan as well. But ever since I got it for some reason I can't add contacts and they can't add me, it just stays at pending and nothing pops up. I've tried so many times so many different ways, adding the pin to the contacts info and then trying to add, it just won't work!

It's really annoying.
    I've called my service provider and I was on the phone w/ the guy for a while he was telling me different things to try with my phone to get it to work. Then he said he was going to send me some email that will tell me how to reboot or I guess wipe everything off my phone and re-add it again?

There might be another thread on this I'm sorry but if someone could help me and tell me how to do all that it would be greatly appreciated.

And yeah if you haven't guessed it yet I'm kinda new to this lol.
    Let me know if you are still having problems with your BB Messenger. Ciao
    10-18-09 08:40 PM
    I'm having the same issue
    I've tried everything. I deleted and reinstalled BBM. They stay in pending contacts forever. And i never see friend requests. When ppl add me it doesn't pop up, when i add them they accept and it goes right into pending. I have not wiped. Any ideas?
    t
    04-19-10 12:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD