So I just uploaded to .1014 and my BBM seems to be missing. I did shrink the OS and made sure it was unchecked. I also see it is installed on my BB and I just upgraded it via appworld. Problem is I can't find it. It was in the Instant folder and now the icon is nowhere to be found. I made sure I had the show all selected. Any suggestions?
    04-10-11 10:46 PM
    Battery pull will usually bring those things back about.
    04-10-11 10:51 PM
    I've done 2 and its not there.
    04-10-11 10:53 PM
    Hook up to desktop manager and look in applications and see if it's check-marked there.
    04-10-11 11:00 PM
    Yea it is, but I'm gonna try re-installing it through DM. Weird.
    04-10-11 11:10 PM
    Nope and even downloading from RIM didn't help. Says its installed but nowhere to be found.
    04-10-11 11:36 PM
    Happened to me many times...
    I went to application, it was there, but the icon was just missing.

One time, I deleted from the apps & downloaded again from www.blackberry.com/messenger, it worked.

When its not coming back, here's what i did:
    What I did, Wipe the device using BBSAK.
    Then uninstalled the OS from your computer. Make sure you check back the shared folder there's no remaining files.
    Then upload the OS back again. I removed the unwanted files manually.

After it finished, restore your backup from DM.
    I downloaded 3rd apps freshly new.

Hope it helps!
    04-11-11 12:02 AM
    Happened to me many times...
    I went to application, it was there, but the icon was just missing.

One time, I deleted from the apps & downloaded again from www.blackberry.com/messenger, it worked.

When its not coming back, here's what i did:
    What I did, Wipe the device using BBSAK.
    Then uninstalled the OS from your computer. Make sure you check back the shared folder there's no remaining files.
    Then upload the OS back again. I removed the unwanted files manually.

After it finished, restore your backup from DM.
    I downloaded 3rd apps freshly new.

Hope it helps!
    Thanks but I just got done trying this and its still not there. I don't know what the problem is. I just re-loaded .714 and its there even though I shrunk again. Oh well. .714 is very stable and works perfectly for me. Thanks
    04-11-11 11:58 AM
    when you press "alt + return key" is it there? if it is, then you've somehow hidden the icon... if it's not then it got removed/not installed.
    04-11-11 02:00 PM
    I downgraded back to .714 and its there. I had shrunk the OS when I updated to .1014 and made sure it was un-checked. It showed up as installed both on the phone and DM. Only problem was I couldn't access it. When I hit show all, the icon was no where to be found. Personally, I think it had something to do with me shrinking the OS. Here is a screen shot, maybe I checked something I wasn't suppose to?

I also un-checked BB Maps and its nowhere to be found on my phone. Apploader was un-checked too and didn't automatically install so I manually downloaded it.

04-11-11 02:09 PM
    When I used BBH Tools to shrink my OS, it deleted a cod file that made my BBM icon disappear and also PingChat not work. I know the file name but never figured out which of those boxes deleted it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-11 06:48 PM
    Forgot to tell you...
    When you downgraded the OS, and use SAOS, delete BBM as well (but be sure you have it backed up).

Then after new OS installed, you can download from blackberry.com/messenger

Thats what I did when I went down from .1014 to .862..
    04-11-11 09:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD