I had my "super blackberry" multi-tasking its little heart out, then it froze. (Well, the little clock thingamajig wouldn't go away) I did a battery pull, started it back up, and when I went to get on BBM, it was gone. It was still under applications, but my icon is not there. What did I do?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-10 06:23 AM
    Nothing unusual, just cookin' an older device a little too hard. Do another battery pull, and if that fails, install it again.

BlackBerry - Download BlackBerry Messenger
    02-04-10 06:37 AM
    Sounds good. I'll try that right now. Thanks for the advice.

02-04-10 06:50 AM
    Yeppers! If you have remote backup enabled, you should never loose a contact, no matter how bad you blow it up.

WAPers do it With A Passion
    If everyone spoke Wulfanese, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

02-04-10 06:55 AM
    What does remote backup actually do? How does it work?
    02-04-10 07:09 AM
    RIM maintains a constant cache of your BBM setup, and reloads it through email link should anything happen.

I hear tell youre doin well,
    Good things have come to you.
    I wish I had your good-luck charm,
    And you had a do-wacka-do, wacka do, wacka-do, wacka-do.

I'm a Survivor Baby!Go Team Gemini

02-04-10 07:15 AM
    Thanks...so it doesn't really matter what email you use, because the email account doesn't have any data from your BBM on it...it's just a way for RIM to associate your BBM data with you? If so why don't they just do it by your pin? Did I understand you correctly?
    02-04-10 07:37 AM
    Thanks...so it doesn't really matter what email you use, because the email account doesn't have any data from your BBM on it...it's just a way for RIM to associate your BBM data with you? If so why don't they just do it by your pin? Did I understand you correctly?
    By using an email address you can switch devices and still get your setting back once you have your email set up, new device means new pin number.
    02-04-10 07:56 AM
    DOH! Head slap

Thanks guys. I think I have it now. The main thing I'm glad to hear is the data stays on RIM and doesn't go to the email address.
    02-04-10 07:59 AM
    And I believe there is some sort of attachment associated with the email, a pin can't carry one, but sting's answer is the main one. In fact, I just switched devices last night. Had all my contacts on the switch, but the groups weren't restored till I got the remote.

WAPers do it With A Passion
    If everyone spoke Wulfanese, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

02-04-10 08:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD