Sorry if someone's posted this before...my mobile search is acting screwy.
    I don't use my messenger...at all. Most everyone I know have different phones (but no Blackberrys). I have had more requests from people who imput the wrong PIN than anything.
    My question is...can I get rid of it? I don't just mean "hide" it...I want it gone all together, from start up to app list.
    I'm using BB torch OS 6 .450.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-11 12:28 PM
    Download BBM from the Blackberry Homepage. Say yes when it asks if you want to replace current version, even if it's the same version. Finish the download, reboot if it asks you. Now go to Application Management and BBM can now be deleted. Delete it, reboot and you're good to go.

eds817 likes this.
    03-31-11 12:41 PM
    There is no reason to download and replace BBM with another version if you wish to delete it. Obviously you already have it installed since you mentioned receiving random BBM invites. Go to your applications list and delete it, you will most likely get a prompt to reboot the device. Allow it to reboot and BBM should be gone. If that fails, use BBSAK or BB BOSS to remove it.

Download BBM from the Blackberry Homepage. Say yes when it asks if you want to replace current version, even if it's the same version. Finish the download, reboot if it asks you. Now go to Application Management and BBM can now be deleted. Delete it, reboot and you're good to go.

03-31-11 12:58 PM
    There is no reason to download and replace BBM with another version if you wish to delete it. Obviously you already have it installed since you mentioned receiving random BBM invites. Go to your applications list and delete it, you will most likely get a prompt to reboot the device. Allow it to reboot and BBM should be gone. If that fails, use BBSAK or BB BOSS to remove it.
    The reason he said to install it again over the old one, is for it to register in the application list in order for the OP to be able to install it bro As sometimes, it isn't even listed which makes it seem impossible to uninstall using the regular uninstall method
    DawgMan likes this.
    03-31-11 01:08 PM
    The reason he said to install it again over the old one, is for it to register in the application list in order for the OP to be able to install it bro As sometimes, it isn't even listed which makes it seem impossible to uninstall using the regular uninstall method
    Vaild point, hun...before, I didn't even have an option to delete...after the install, it showed up AND gave me the delete option.
    Thanks everyone...I got rid of it, finally.

03-31-11 01:31 PM
    Good point.

03-31-11 01:45 PM
    I didn't use BBM at first either. Now I couldn't not use it lol.
    Find some BBM groups with decent people with similar interests and you'll probably decide you'd rather keep it
    03-31-11 08:49 PM
    Moved to Native Apps
    03-31-11 10:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD