Every time I try to either click right on a message it will freeze up or if I directly open BBMessenger and try to click someone's name it will freeze up.

What's my best bet here? Should I delete from advanced>programs in the options menu or delete it by hooking it up to the computer and going through the programs?

The exact message when I trun the phone back on is: "Uncaught exception: Application net_rim_bb_qm_peer (173) is not responding; process terminated."
    Last edited by beantown85; 03-08-10 at 10:03 PM.
    03-08-10 10:00 PM
    Have you tried reinstalling BBM?
    03-08-10 10:07 PM
    right now i just hooked it up to the computer and I deleted it through blackberry desktop. I wasn't sure which way to go would be the best way to handle it. I figure I'll just delete it like I said and try to redownload and install it
    03-08-10 10:14 PM
    try reinstalling bbm. i agree with berryjunky
    03-08-10 10:15 PM
    Can someone provide me with a link to download the messenger? Blackberry App World isn't being very cooperative right now
    03-08-10 10:29 PM
    go to blackberry.com/messenger from BB browser
    03-08-10 10:32 PM
    I just did that and when I went to download it it says that it already has this version do I want to replace it. This doesn't really make sense to me because I went and deleted it through desktop manager
    03-08-10 10:43 PM
    Did it reboot the phone after it uninstalled? Just select "yes" when it asks to replace it.
    03-08-10 11:00 PM
    Now I finally have it installed.... it's installed as if I never had blackberry messenger at all, it's asking for a display name and everything. Then it says restore from backup file on device or restore from email. I don't remember any backup for that other than what I did on my computer a couple of days ago.
    03-08-10 11:12 PM
    Try a restore from DM and your contacts will probably come back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-10 11:17 PM
    Look for .ipd files on your computer, those are backups. Select the latest one, and try an advanced restore for just the bbm data. You don't need to restore everything.

And for future reference, make sure you do backups before you change anything on your phone. May sound paranoid but it can save headaches later.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-10 01:28 AM
    No updates on whether reinstalling helped.....how is this helping other members with the same issue that search the forum??? C'mon son!
    08-28-10 11:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD