Forgive me guys, I am new to using the blackberry messenger. I co-worker turned me on to it. However today I got it all going, and there was a message to set up an email address to back up my contacts through email. THought this was a wise idea. SO, I did, I got the confirmation email today, opened it up. I was expecting to have to click something to confirm it was my email but I didnt. Anyway, HOW does this work?? I can not seem to get it to work. Here is what I have done. Menu> back up contact list>back up files remotely> at the top of this screen it says remote back up enabled with my email addy> click my email addy and it says Bam7722@aol.com was successfully registered with blackberry messenger. But I dont see a back up file in my email....what am I missing??

I also went this way... MENU> OPTIONS> scrolled down to contact list> BACK UP> BACK UP FILES REMOTELY> BAM7722@AOL.com> and it says the same damn thing as before. HELP
    11-17-09 07:19 PM
    Forgive me guys, I am new to using the blackberry messenger. I co-worker turned me on to it. However today I got it all going, and there was a message to set up an email address to back up my contacts through email. THought this was a wise idea. SO, I did, I got the confirmation email today, opened it up. I was expecting to have to click something to confirm it was my email but I didnt. Anyway, HOW does this work?? I can not seem to get it to work. Here is what I have done. Menu> back up contact list>back up files remotely> at the top of this screen it says remote back up enabled with my email addy> click my email addy and it says Bam7722@aol.com was successfully registered with blackberry messenger. But I dont see a back up file in my email....what am I missing??

I also went this way... MENU> OPTIONS> scrolled down to contact list> BACK UP> BACK UP FILES REMOTELY> BAM7722@AOL.com> and it says the same damn thing as before. HELP
    The Backup file is stored on the BIS server and your email is how they keep track of it. If you get a new blackberry or have to redo your blackberry for whatever reason when you set up the new blackberry and register that email with BIS when you open messenger you will have the contacts you had from before. When I upgraded from my 8330 to my 9550 my contacts were already in my BBM list. It has even restored my BB Groups.
    11-17-09 07:25 PM
    Oh so I dont actually get a copy of it in my email????
    11-17-09 07:29 PM
    Not that I am aware of, enjoy BBM its addicting
    11-17-09 07:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD