Good morning,

Ive ran desktop manager this morning to update my blackberry 9700 and its removed blackberry messenger. Upon running to application uploader to reinstall on desktop manager I get the following message

A fatal error has occured while updating your device's software. Please try again

Module incompatible. [J:0x00000011]

The update file "net_rim_bb_qm_peer_lib.cod" for application "Blackberry Messenger" is not compatible with the version of the application that is installed on your device. Delete the application from your device, and then re-install the application. Warning: If you delete an application from your deive, you also delete any device date that is associated with the application

What does that mean?

I have the latest O/S installed as well as the latest Desktop manager. Restarting/quickpull does not resolve and the application is not hidden. It is completely removed from my instant messaging folder

Please help
    Many thanks
    yeamo
    02-03-10 04:44 AM
    I have now resolved this. Had to re-install Blackberry Messenger from somewhere else. Update runs ok now

Thanks
    02-03-10 05:54 AM
    Good to hear everything ended up working out.
    02-03-10 08:38 AM
    You can always get the latest official build at http://www.blackberry.com/messenger from your device

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-10 09:52 AM
    Thanks for this. My mom upgraded her Storm to 5.0 and as a result, BBM disappeared. Getting the same problems as OP and BDM wouldn't remove BBM. Went to blackberry.com/messenger as tekneakz mentioned and I now have BBM back on the phone. Since I still had other apps I wanted to install, I had to remove or downgrade BBM, which worked fine. After, I just reinstalled it. Thanks.
    06-25-10 03:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD