If I send a message from my BBM to another Blackberry's BBM, and the message on my end shows a D, does that mean the device I sent it to has received the message?

If the phone was off or dead, would my phone still show it D? Or will it only show a checkmark? Please let me know!

Thank you,
    04-27-10 10:21 PM
    If the other phone is off it would only show a checkmark, D=Delivered, R=Read.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-10 10:39 PM
    ^ Exactly!

As I like to think of it, seeing the check mark means that my device did its part to get the BBM in transit... If it show a little radar looking thing and I never see the check, then there is a problem with *my* device, i.e. I don't have a signal or I am trying to send an email simultaneously. Whether or not I see the D and then the R depends on the other person's device (i.e. if it is on or off, if they have a signal or they don't, etc.).
    04-27-10 11:01 PM
    SO Essentially, if there is a D, it has most surely made it to the other device, correct?

I've had a BlackBerry for years, but I'm it seems as if I'm being BS'd and I'm just trying to make sure I'm correct about it making to to the phone. Was told the phone battery was dead, but I didn't see it that way.
    04-27-10 11:16 PM
    SO Essentially, if there is a D, it has most surely made it to the other device, correct?

I've had a BlackBerry for years, but I'm it seems as if I'm being BS'd and I'm just trying to make sure I'm correct about it making to to the phone. Was told the phone battery was dead, but I didn't see it that way.
    Yes, it made it to the other device. However, if there was no "R," the recipient did NOT click on the BBM to actually read it.... so it is plausible that perhaps the BBM got delivered and the phone died before the person noticed they had a BBM (i.e. if they had their phone on silent or vibrate before it died).
    04-27-10 11:49 PM
    If a phone is dead though, it would not show a D, correct? Just the check?

I have used a bbm for years, as I said earlier, I just want to make sure I am right on this one
    04-27-10 11:52 PM
    If the phone is dead or switched off, it will not show a "D", it will only show the check mark. The "D" signifies that the message was delivered and just waiting on the recipient to read it. The "R" signifies that they have read the message.
    04-28-10 06:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD