Hey guys,

So earlier today I had plugged in my blackberry pearl flip into my desktop via usb to update to the new Blackberry Messenger, which the desktop software manager found...and proceeded to do. Once it finished doing so though i went to go find it and it wasnt in my instant messenger folder or the downloaded folder or any other folder. I looked at the apps list in the desktop software and it showed blackberry messenger listed in it, so does this mean its somewhere on my phone still?

This wouldnt be a problem for me though if i was able to download it off apps world but i have a basic plan which only allows instant messeging and emails, so I cant get to it via wifi.

Does anybody know how I can get this back? Or is it gone for good?
    08-13-10 11:25 AM
    Try changing to a different theme. Sometimes the icons go missing in specific themes.

Also check out this official BBM link for tips:
    KB10151-BlackBerry Messenger icon does not appear on the BlackBerry smartphone
    Last edited by jcbrunson; 08-13-10 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Posted a link to further solve the problem
    08-13-10 03:27 PM
    One more thing - the BBM is always in the applications that are in the "switch applications" group. If you hit menu twice, then select "switch applications", you should be able to roll to the BBM and run it.
    08-13-10 03:35 PM
    Thanks for replying, I checked the switch application files, and I didnt see it there. It just shows: Messages, Phone, Home and Browser.

Changing the theme didnt work for me either.
    08-13-10 08:43 PM
    Is it possible that I can somewhere download bbm off the internet with my computer and just upload it onto my phone through blackberry desktop software?
    08-13-10 08:46 PM
    I use BB App World to update BBM. Maybe you can give that a shot as well.
    08-14-10 04:36 PM
    I have tried that countless times, but I had no luck doing it. Everytime I go to the app world link that the site sends to my phone, it says I need a data plan that lets me browse the internet to download it which my plan currently doesnt let me do. The current plan I have lets me only use instant messaging and emails. (basic from Rogers).

On a positive note, using the app loader I deleted Blackberry messenger off my phone and then went to the Desktop Software and it put 4.6 back onto my phone for me. So I have some sort of BBM I can use. And I do have BBM 5.0 that someone gave to me a while back that I was able to install onto my phone via the apploader (but then doesnt appear on my phone). But when I do that and go into the Desktop Software after, it tells me to downgrade back to 4.6 which I do to get BBM to work.

Does anybody know what is going on here? lol its very frustrating.
    08-14-10 06:31 PM
    i have the same email and IM plan for my 8900 from fido (same bb plan as your rogers one) i have app world on my phone but it doesnt work bcuz of my plan. If you connect to wifi, it should work then. I am not sure if your connection needs to be 'UMA' or not, but my appworld does work when i am connected to wifi, so try that.
    08-15-10 03:09 PM