Yesterday my friend sent me a link to download the new version of BBM. I did this and it said installed but it would not run and the icon disappeared from my screen. I found out that my 8330 did not support the version I downloaded it so I unistalled it. I attempted to use my phone to download BBM again by going to the blackberry website on my phone but it said "your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support BBM". I have no idea what to do now. Please Please Help
    11-12-09 09:00 AM
    email this link to yourself

http://yourcbcfamily.org/bb/curvebbm/

you wont have any contacts unless you can do a BBM restore from a previous back up though
    11-12-09 09:06 AM
    I emailed the link to myself, clicked on it, downloaded the program. Phone said it had to rebooot so it rebooted and now there is no change. Is there an additional step once ive downloaded that program?
    11-12-09 10:14 AM
    Which OS are you running on your bb? If you had anything before 4.5.0.77 (I think), then the bbm 5.0 doesn't work. Did you have the latest OS on your curve before you downloaded the new bmm? If not, that is your problem. Update your OS and then try it again.
    11-12-09 10:20 AM
    I did not have the latest OS. How do I update that?
    11-12-09 10:26 AM
    Two ways I know to update..

1. On your blackberry go to tools--options--advanced options and click wireless update. This will update your phone over the air with the latest approved OS from your carrier.

If you want a newer OS (sometimes the carrier won't approve an official OS for whatever reason, but that doesn't mean you should be denied.

2. Copy and paste this link

forums.crackberry.com/f52/newest-8330-os-sprint-4-5-0-175-multilanguage-339941

and follow the directions. Be sure to delete the vendor file (as mentioned in the directions).

Both ways are very simple ways to update your OS.

Before you do any updates, be sure to back up your blackberry.

The update will take 30-45 minutes, don't stop it, even if it looks like it is going way too slow.
    11-12-09 11:17 AM
    I do not have the wireless update option. And I am unsure if the newest update Verizon offers for the 8330 will support the new BBM. I just want my old one back
    11-12-09 11:39 AM
    Download the OS you have on your phone, or upgraded, to your PC, install, plug into DM, make sure the check mark is in the box for bbm
    11-12-09 12:06 PM
    when you plug your bb into DM, if there is an OS update it SHOULD do it automatically, i have Tmobile and mine that way.
    11-12-09 12:16 PM
    I got this phone from my cousin over the summer and he did not give me a USb cord or the disc that, after researching all of this, should have come with it. Can I get the disc somewhere? I found the cord available online
    11-12-09 03:10 PM
    You dont need the disc, you need a blackberry desktop manager program,

Smartphones, Cell Phones & Smart Phones at BlackBerry.com you can get it and download.
    11-12-09 03:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD