I did a clean wipe on my 9530 and want to restore my blackberry messenger contacts to avoid sending out requests. Before my wipe, I backed up the entire phone.

I have DM open, and I am in the Advanced Backup and Restore menu. My backup file is loaded into DM. Which is the correct file which contains my bb messenger contacts? I am assuming it is the "Blackberry Messenger". I just want to make sure I restore the correct file...
    12-05-08 07:52 PM
    I am also interested in seeing the answer to this one. I am also wondering on how to back up my BB. I use desktop manager to sync it but I didn't know if backing it up was different.

thanks
    12-05-08 07:55 PM
    I am also interested in seeing the answer to this one. I am also wondering on how to back up my BB. I use desktop manager to sync it but I didn't know if backing it up was different.

thanks
    OK. I can confirm to my assumption. The Blackberry Messenger contained my contacts and is now restored on my phone.
    12-05-08 07:57 PM
    Somehow, I screwed this up and was unable to restore my BB messenger contacts.
    12-05-08 08:34 PM
    Was super pumped about the upgrades that RIM had made for the 5.0 rollout. Was checking everything out on my storm and was pleased that everything made it from the backup to my new OS. I was a little upset to see that BBM was nowhere to be found on my device. I check everything really well and it just wasnt there. I ended up downloading it from blackberry's website which went well. Then it was an issue of retrieving my contacts since none of them showed up. I ended up using the advice of a previous post about using DM to handle it. simply go into advanced options and select a previous back up then select BBM from the left side and click the arrow key. I instantly had my contacts back!!! Hope this helps!
    10-26-09 11:38 PM
    Isn't messenger now in the SMS choices for sending messages?
    10-27-09 12:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD