Ok so basically I always have my contacts backed up remotely, with my 9700. Upgraded to 9780 today,(bought it off someone new in box) and when I tried to back up my contacts it was stuck in the screen where it says "Checking email status" tried battery pull, etc. No go. Looked at some forums and saw most ppl just turned to using desktop manager to back up the file and load it on the new one. I did this, but for all my contacts whenever i message I have re-invite. So basically im not on their contact list until i've messaged them and added them. Any way to auto invite my whole list? Thanks a lot!
    12-14-10 02:54 AM
    Did you switch your pin at your carriers BIS portal?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-10 03:19 AM
    I've encountered this problem before when switching phones and unfortunately I've had to just send a quick message to everyone and click the "re-add" option that pops up in the chat window...this quickly deflated my plan to carry two BB's and switch the SIM card back and forth whenever I pleased!

I just hope you have under 100 contacts! ;-)
    12-14-10 07:11 AM
    Ok so basically I always have my contacts backed up remotely, with my 9700. Upgraded to 9780 today,(bought it off someone new in box) and when I tried to back up my contacts it was stuck in the screen where it says "Checking email status" tried battery pull, etc. No go. Looked at some forums and saw most ppl just turned to using desktop manager to back up the file and load it on the new one. I did this, but for all my contacts whenever i message I have re-invite. So basically im not on their contact list until i've messaged them and added them. Any way to auto invite my whole list? Thanks a lot!
    You do have to switch you PIN on their BIS site. i had the same issue when i switched from my 9700 to my 9780. The 'checking status; was froen for ages. but once I update my pin on the BIS site the restore went through in seconds.
    Also re-sending service books is another way to remedy this.
    12-14-10 11:00 AM
    I also experienced the same thing, I used the change device feature from the dktp mgr but I still had to reinvite all my contacts again, I think the change device from the BIS site only allows emails to be properly delivered to the correct device, I tried switching my device pin from my carreir's BIS site but still no luck, I tried resending service books and I tried wiping the device and restoring the backup again, I eventually reinvited all my 250+ contacts..

12-14-10 12:08 PM
    Yup changed my device pin on BIS as well but still no go! grrr I have 197 contacts and its gona b super frustrating re-adding all! Thanks for all the help anyway! blackberry should really work on this..super frustrating
    12-14-10 12:52 PM
    I had the same problem
    I found a positive, it was easy to not re-add the ppl I either dont txt or dont care to have on my bbm

Come on there no way u msg 197 ppl that regularly
    12-14-10 08:34 PM
    You do know you can save a copy of your BBM contacts on the memory card.... . That's what I did from switching from my Torch to Curve 9300.

12-15-10 08:58 AM
    Haha your right about not messaging them that regularly, but there is once in a time where I would message them. Managed to do a sync with my computer, uploaded all the contacts and reinvited those that were important. Only problem now is I dont get any avatars showing, and when I try and back up contacts remotely im stuck at "checking email status"...from what I've seen posted online this is RIM issue, any thoughts? Do I just wait it out and hope one day they appear? (i've done OS reload, wipes, battery pulls, etc)
    12-15-10 01:41 PM
    mines workin now fixed itself
    fixed itself after 4-5 days
    12-18-10 12:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD