So, I started my own chat group on BlackBerry Messenger and I wondering if the name I selected is unique or if anyone can use that name.

Something tells me that the name is not unique at all, because I was able to create a group that I know already exists. Is that correct?

Also, what happens to my group when I eventually end up getting a new phone with a new PIN? What happens to my group? Does it get deleted and I have to start all over again with getting users? I can't just join the original group with my administrator password?
    12-08-09 12:03 PM
    Can anyone help me?
    12-08-09 02:22 PM
    The name is not unique. Also, I had a group started, got a new phone, and my phone got stuck on "building group" or something like that. I had to have a friend remove me, then re-add me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-09 04:52 PM
    Is there any way to get a unique group name?

I suppose I would just have to have my wife add me back in, but, were you able to still be the administrator? Did the group get removed in anyway, since you (the administrator) was not a member of the group for a short time?
    12-08-09 04:58 PM
    Normally any member can invite people. Also membesr can be promoted to an administrator (by an admin), or you can set an admin password that any member can enter to become an administrator.
    12-09-09 12:08 AM
    Gotcha... I think I have mastered it, now.
    12-09-09 11:32 AM
    Hey Bro I dont know if theres any help for this.. But i created the group in my old phone and now that phone is totally corrupted and cannot be used... And since I didnt have backup of my old phone i had 2 tell one of my friends to add me in the group.. I didnt create any admin password. Is there any way i can become the admin of that group again. Please help....
    11-07-11 11:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD