So for some reason the new BBM has its own Calendar? Does anyone know how to get rid of this? I've also noticed each morning Im getting a pop up asking me if I want to Share my Calendar with the group? Uh NO I don't need to LOL!
    Last edited by NVMY03ION; 06-07-10 at 07:20 AM.
    06-07-10 07:18 AM
    Hmm, might be good for me. What version is the latest?
    06-07-10 08:27 AM
    Which version of what? OS on BB or BBM?
    06-07-10 08:32 AM
    So for some reason the new BBM has its own Calendar? Does anyone know how to get rid of this? I've also noticed each morning Im getting a pop up asking me if I want to Share my Calendar with the group? Uh NO I don't need to LOL!
    There are a few dozen discussions about the Groups calendar...and many are negative.

The worst is that this calendar has taken over as default. There is no way to create a new appointment on the device without it being assigned to the Groups calendar.
    06-07-10 08:46 AM
    Options > Advanced Options > Service Book

In here you can delete your calendars you don't use (ie. Facebook, BBM, etc).

Highlight and select the calendar CICAL file you wish to remove (ie. Facebook CICAL) and select "delete".

This will remove it from your "Default Services" and shouldn't interfere anymore.

PAY ATTENTION TO THE FILE END NAME (CICAL) AS YOU DO NOT WANT TO DELETE ANY OF YOUR MAIL SERVICES!!!!!!

This should remove the calendar you no longer want (I've removed my FB Calendar).
    06-07-10 11:36 AM
    Options > Advanced Options > Service Book

In here you can delete your calendars you don't use (ie. Facebook, BBM, etc).

Highlight and select the calendar CICAL file you wish to remove (ie. Facebook CICAL) and select "delete".

This will remove it from your "Default Services" and shouldn't interfere anymore.

PAY ATTENTION TO THE FILE END NAME (CICAL) AS YOU DO NOT WANT TO DELETE ANY OF YOUR MAIL SERVICES!!!!!!

This should remove the calendar you no longer want (I've removed my FB Calendar).
    Sorry, but this is not correct for this issue.

There is no CICAL to delete for the BBM Groups calendar, but thanks for the attempt. As I stated, there are lots of threads on this issue here at CB, but none of them offer a solution that works to easily get rid of the calendar.
    06-07-10 02:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD