I've been having problems with BlackBerry Messenger for the last 4 days.

Whenever I send a message, sometimes I get the checkmark, sometimes I get the red clock, and sometimes I get the speaker. When I get the checkmark, I don't get a Delivered or Read notification until up to an hour later, sometimes more, sometimes I don't get a notification at all.

It seems that some people, specifically those who are using the Curve 9300, aren't having any problems sending me messages, but when I respond I get the same problem described above.

This is driving me crazy! Could this be caused by the BBM update to 5.0.3.22 from the other day? If so, how do I downgrade back to the version that worked?

I've pulled my battery and my SIM card multiple times. I've left them out of the phone for up to 10 minutes before putting them back in and I've still had the same problem. I even completely wiped my phone and reinstalled everything, minus a few apps I never used, and I'm still having the same issue.

When I contacted my carrier, they said that my data plan is working so it's an issue with the application and I should contact RIM. Since that's kinda pointless, I'm hoping the real experts at CrackBerry.com know what to do!

Device Info
    Carrier: Rogers/Tbaytel
    Model: Torch 9800
    05-18-11 09:24 AM
    try updating your service books... sounds like a data connection issue...
    dicque likes this.
    05-18-11 10:02 AM
    I am not an expert but I did experience the same problem for a day. I have since upgraded to OS6 Bundle 2534 V6.0.0.570 Platform 6.6.0.212 I am on the Bell Network and my bbm version is 6.0.0.73

No reported issues of any problems yet
    05-18-11 10:08 AM
    Looks like updating the service books has fixed it!

Thanks!!!!
    05-18-11 03:41 PM
    Looks like updating the service books has fixed it!

Thanks!!!!
    Glad to hear it !!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-11 05:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD