I have a Blackberry pearl 8100 and a Blackberry 8320. I am now using the pearl because I'm waiting till my housing replacement arrive for the 8320. Now for my question. When I switch to the curve will I have to resend a request to add my bb messenger contacts on the pearl or will my contacts be updated with my new pin automatically?
    07-26-10 12:39 PM
    Use the Device Switch Wizard in BlackBerry Desktop Manager and all your information will be switched over from your old device. Your PIN will automatically be updated on the other people's BBM.

Note that if the old device is not operational, then you won't be able to do this.
    07-26-10 04:47 PM
    Use the Device Switch Wizard in BlackBerry Desktop Manager and all your information will be switched over from your old device. Your PIN will automatically be updated on the other people's BBM.

Note that if the old device is not operational, then you won't be able to do this.
    Is doing a backup with desktop manager and then restoring it on the other phone the same thing?
    07-26-10 05:00 PM
    Yeah basically it is. You can backup your BBM contacts through Desktop Manager.
    Last edited by drb0y; 07-26-10 at 05:39 PM.
    07-26-10 05:37 PM
    Thanks! What if I back up my contacts to my micro sd and restore them on my new phone. Will that still work?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-10 07:44 PM
    You cannot backup your contacts to the Media Card.
    07-26-10 07:47 PM
    Yeah it says you can, but it didn't work for me once I tried restoring the contacts. The file didn't show up, but it was there.
    07-26-10 08:11 PM
    "... it says you can" ???

What says you can do what?
    07-26-10 08:49 PM
    When u go in bb messnger settings it says to back up 2 memory card or device memory. Well I guess I will just do the device transfer wizard

07-26-10 08:58 PM
    Ok. Right. The BBM Contacts can be backed up that way. The BlackBerry Contacts cannot be.

But if you are changing devices, presumably you would want more than just the BBM contacts transferred to the new device from the old device. Or maybe not??
    07-26-10 09:07 PM
    Ok. Right. The BBM Contacts can be backed up that way. The BlackBerry Contacts cannot be.

But if you are changing devices, presumably you would want more than just the BBM contacts transferred to the new device from the old device. Or maybe not??
    Yeah, sorry for not being specific.

07-26-10 11:51 PM
    Yea I would need to transfer everything so I will be using the device transfer wizard. Thanks for all ur help :-)

07-27-10 08:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD