I only just added my first couple of contacts onto BBM and I noticed that my battery life per charge is suddenly much worse. This may be totally coincidental to my adding BBM contacts but I wanted to know if anyone else has seen anything similar.

Note that I've checked running apps and nothing unusual shows up.
    02-21-10 10:05 AM
    I only just added my first couple of contacts onto BBM and I noticed that my battery life per charge is suddenly much worse. This may be totally coincidental to my adding BBM contacts but I wanted to know if anyone else has seen anything similar.

Note that I've checked running apps and nothing unusual shows up.
    Adding contacts does not affect your battery. Not properly closing the BBM app may.
    02-21-10 10:32 AM
    Adding contacts does not affect your battery. Not properly closing the BBM app may.
    u can't close bbm...it will always run in the background. stop ur misleading info.
    02-21-10 10:34 AM
    BBM runs in the background as part of the OS... using it will not effect your battery life anymore than using any other IM app.
    02-21-10 10:36 AM
    vincent you're a troll go back under your bridge.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-10 10:36 AM
    i always click the freckle and choose "end chat" and then close bb messenger. Have had no battery issues.
    02-21-10 10:46 AM
    i have no issues at all. maybe its the O.S.
    02-21-10 12:25 PM
    i have no issue with battery life and bbm
    02-21-10 12:34 PM
    i would say that adding contacts to BBM is affecting your battery life because you are then typing more on your BlackBerry. Having the backlight on is one of the biggest drains on battery. Try changing your backlight to go off quicker or putting your BB in standby as soon as you are done typing.
    02-21-10 12:38 PM
    i always click the freckle and choose "end chat" and then close bb messenger. Have had no battery issues.
    That does not close BBM. BBM will still run in the background. Doing that will only end your chat which has zero effect on your battery life.
    02-21-10 12:40 PM
    vincent you're a troll go back under your bridge.

Oh yeah? What did u contribute to this thread? At least I stop the misleading info about bbm. What have u done? Like I said before, when ppl tried to help here, some don't know what they are talking about half the time.

Last edited by vincentnyc; 02-21-10 at 01:48 PM.
    02-21-10 01:45 PM
    Please take the personal debates to PM. Focus on trying to help the OP. Remember that uses can be added to your Ignore List so that you don't have to read their posts.

02-21-10 01:54 PM
    BBM runs in the background as part of the OS... using it will not effect your battery life anymore than using any other IM app.
    I agree with that....
    02-21-10 01:58 PM
    Please take the personal debates to PM. Focus on trying to help the OP. Remember that uses can be added to your Ignore List so that you don't have to read their posts.

good ideas...i have added jpkirkpa to my poolist.
    02-21-10 02:04 PM
    lol, i'm glad. i'll have to edit your list name though!

02-21-10 02:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD