05-05-11 04:35 AM
40 12
tools
    I downloaded BBM 6....73 this morning first thing.

All is good!!!!!!
    No problem with the download/install.
    No operational problems at all today.

As noted above........I did not expect and have not noticed any visual changes.

However, it is snappy!! or snappier!!!
    04-27-11 04:58 PM
    Got it on my 9700 running .534 without issues, pretty fast and stable so far. BUT, I have a question. One of the features states:

•Appointment Sending -- sending appointment or calendar events is now a similar experience to that of sending an appointment via SMS

I do not see this option in BBM or the Calendar app. Or am I not looking where I should?
    04-27-11 05:21 PM
    Impressed with this.

Snappier than 5 and the UI is more pleasing and crisp.
    04-27-11 06:27 PM
    still cant figure out how to do the individual sound thing
    04-27-11 06:58 PM
    still cant figure out how to do the individual sound thing
    Go to your contact list and select a contact. Hit menu and edit contact. Go to messages and select a ringtone. Indv RT can only be used for SMS contacts in BBM. Doesn't work for BBM users
    04-27-11 07:24 PM
    I can spot the minimal UI changes where the bars are slightly bigger (note the "New BBM Group" and "Scan BBM Group Barcode" bars are thicker now). Very responsive and no hourglass at all, but I wonder why the color tags are gone now. Unlike 6.0.0.56 which we can select different color for different contacts.
    04-27-11 10:33 PM
    super quick for me! very subtle change in look. not even noticeable.

This has been added also:

- Visual distinction of message drafts vs. sent messages
    - Any alerts set for SMS contacts are now preserved in BBM once an SMS contact is integrated with BBM
    - Invite a Text Messaging Contact -- it's now easier to search contacts
    - Location Search -- you can now search for a location before sending, similar to the Location Search experience via SMS
    - Location Sending -- you can now detect your location with cell tower triangulation or GPS
    - Appointment Sending -- sending appointment or calendar events is now a similar experience to that of sending an appointment via SMS
    04-27-11 11:11 PM
    I had some problems with the "R" and "D" reports, (and the people weren't receiving my messages), so I rolled back.
    04-28-11 06:57 AM
    super quick for me! very subtle change in look. not even noticeable.

This has been added also:

- Visual distinction of message drafts vs. sent messages
    - Any alerts set for SMS contacts are now preserved in BBM once an SMS contact is integrated with BBM
    - Invite a Text Messaging Contact -- it's now easier to search contacts
    - Location Search -- you can now search for a location before sending, similar to the Location Search experience via SMS
    - Location Sending -- you can now detect your location with cell tower triangulation or GPS
    - Appointment Sending -- sending appointment or calendar events is now a similar experience to that of sending an appointment via SMS

How do you send an appointment thru BBM. I am able to do it with SMS contact in BBM but I don't get the option to send to BBM contact
    04-28-11 08:50 AM
    why does the group chat not integrate with the message inbox? i have to do a ALT + Shift + DEL and after the reset it brings back some of yesterdays messages and then the group chat shows up *confused*
    05-03-11 09:45 AM
    i noticed a larger than normal increase in battery drain while using this, so i rolled back to the newest official.
    05-04-11 11:36 PM
    Fastest BBM I have used, especially opening groups and group chats. Occasional scrolling bug that usually fixes itself in seconds. 9700/6.0.0.461

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-11 12:11 AM
    The one thing I want from the next version is to be able to assign a colours to contacts.

One of the annoying things when closing and re-opening a group chats is that the colour constantly change. Some of them clash a little too.
    05-05-11 03:54 AM
    why does the group chat not integrate with the message inbox? i have to do a ALT + Shift + DEL and after the reset it brings back some of yesterdays messages and then the group chat shows up *confused*
    ive just installed mine and i havent had any issues with it showing in the messages application.
    05-05-11 04:31 AM
    i noticed a larger than normal increase in battery drain while using this, so i rolled back to the newest official.
    gonna try and monitor that. too bad i have to wait a few days because i just updated my torch too.

ill post my findings probably next week.
    05-05-11 04:35 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD