08-03-10 02:45 PM
54 123
tools
    I have never used BlackBerry Messenger. So many other ways to communicate already with SMS, email, voice. Maybe I'm missing out on something good.

Can I safely remove BBM from my Bold, or are the other functions which rely on it's presence?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-10 05:19 PM
    I never use BBM either, as none of my family or friends have BlackBerries

You can remove it quite easily, with no adverse effect to functionality
    07-30-10 05:24 PM
    You can remove it without issue. You should use it though! BBM is awesome!
    07-30-10 05:24 PM
    BBM is awesome!
    With my whole heart, I believe you. I just haven't found out for what!
    07-30-10 07:31 PM
    Wouldn't you like to chat with people all over the world? Don't knock it till you tried it *grins* you never know you might like it
    07-30-10 07:34 PM
    You can remove it quite easily, with no adverse effect to functionality
    Just tried to look through all of the options on the Bold and through Desktop Manager and couldn't find it. I'm thinking I'll have to wait for my next OS load?
    07-30-10 07:37 PM
    Wouldn't you like to chat with people all over the world? Don't knock it till you tried it *grins* you never know you might like it
    I feel like I do that already, using about a dozen different ways, and they're all so "instant" I've never felt the need for an instant messenger of any type.
    07-30-10 07:39 PM
    I feel like I do that already, using about a dozen different ways, and they're all so "instant" I've never felt the need for an instant messenger of any type.
    Each to their own but i have one thing to say to that - do you like peanut butter? whatever your answer is - you never knew you liked it till you tried :P
    07-30-10 07:40 PM
    Each to their own but i have one thing to say to that - do you like peanut butter? whatever your answer is - you never knew you liked it till you tried :P
    See, you and me, we just did it. And all that without adding yet another invasive application into the mix.
    07-30-10 07:43 PM
    lol yus we did - but then it means refreshing every 2 seconds and waiting lol - personally i has no patience lol so bbm is there at me fingertips - does it take up that much memory having it in your apps?
    07-30-10 07:45 PM
    Not sure, jjust know anything I don't use comes off. It's about as close as I come to being religious.

07-30-10 07:49 PM
    options>applications (add-on) find bbm hit the BB button and there's a delete option there.
    Not sure if it works because I'd never get rid of mine.
    Good luck
    07-30-10 07:50 PM
    haha fair enough! but some of my friends live in my bbm so i can't delete it but ya if ya don't use it delete it i guess - you could always re-install it later on
    07-30-10 07:50 PM
    options>applications (add-on) find bbm hit the BB button and there's a delete option there.
    Not sure if it works because I'd never get rid of mine.
    Good luck
    or just blackberry button and delete
    07-30-10 07:51 PM
    Hmmm... Seems ti be listed as a core app and not deletable. It's cool, I'll wait for next OS refresh. Just wondering if anything depended on it being in there.
    07-30-10 08:07 PM
    There is nothing that depends on BBM because I actually deleted it once before on my 8310, that's BEFORE I was shown the light & now I couldn't live without it. It was a simple reinstall so if you do get rid of it & decide later you want it, no worries, you can still get it back.
    07-30-10 08:47 PM
    or just blackberry button and delete
    uh ya, that's what it means... you have to get there first, not just hit the BB button from anywhere
    07-30-10 09:20 PM
    For some reason or another it's not quite so simple on mine. No option to delete as there are on third party apps.
    07-30-10 11:03 PM
    Simply install this version here:
    BBM5.0.0.57 OTA
    And it will now be in Addon. Now you can delete it. Sad loss on your part though. It's one of my favorite apps.

Posted from my berSupercharged Onyx at Idon'tneednostinkin'mobileview.crackberry.com
    07-30-10 11:34 PM
    Simply install this version here:
    BBM5.0.0.57 OTA
    And it will now be in Addon. Now you can delete it. Sad loss on your part though. It's one of my favorite apps.

Posted from my berSupercharged Onyx at Idon'tneednostinkin'mobileview.crackberry.com
    Well that certainly did do the trick: Thank You!

I'm sure I am missing out on something good, but I just haven't been able to convince many friends to switch to bb's. Now, if I had B.O.'S pin where I could scold him every now and again for what he and his comrades are trying to do to our once great nation, I could maybe go for that...
    07-31-10 02:16 AM
    If you've been to many of the app stores for sites such as CrackBerry and Mobihand lately, you will notice a barcode associated with each app. If you use the Scan a Group Barcode feature in BBM, it will allow you to scan the barcode of that app. It will then open up your web browser and direct you to that app, so that you will be able to download it or purchase it.
    07-31-10 09:31 PM
    That's a pretty novel idea. Probably a lot more to bbm that I haven't discovered as well. I'm trying to get my best friend interested in trading his iphone for a bb instead of evo. If I can talk him into wearing glasses so he can see the screen, I'll probably give it a go. I think my prejudice against instant messengers began with icq and m$ messenger which I thought were way too invasive for what they did. I should probably give bbm a chance.
    07-31-10 10:14 PM
    OK, believe it or not you've convinced me to give it a try. Just installed the new leaked OS and I want to put bbm through it's paces. What should I be looking for to get the most out of this [awesome?] program?

David
    pin: 229BDBB6
    08-02-10 06:45 AM
    I like the fact that it will take a photo with a rather large file size and automatically compress it when sending it off to another messenger contact. It makes the upload process faster, and it makes the download process faster for the person you sent it to.

08-02-10 06:49 AM
    This is good! Now I just need to convince my friends and family to get blackberries. Evo seems to be where the lemmings are running to now.
    08-02-10 06:55 AM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD